MHD - Comcast beat us!

Are you sure the videos on MHD are really in 1080 HD or 24p and not upconverts from SD? I know a few people in the music business and when I ask about HD videos they tell me they are too expensive to produce, videos in general are too expensive to produce and the labels are cutting on back. I was told most of the so called videos that really work for HD are the animated ones. Ourside of maybe five to ten true HD music videos, I think the Beastie Boys have one, everything you see is probably upconverted . Does MHD have commercials?

Yeah Comcast service is bad just about as bad as Cox is in the Midwest. Cable compaines are really hurting and if they dont make some big changes they wont get any better. Dish is HD it blows everything else out of the water when it comes to HD. :)

Yes, Dish blows away Charter cable in my area as well.

Nice to hear that MHD is essentailly "Music Video" HD. I was dreaming of all kinds of possibilities like "Moron HD", or "Mindless HD", or "Mongaloid HD", or "My Turbin Is Dirty HD" from Howard Stern.

Anyhow, I hope Dish can add it some time this year. Sounds good.

Okay-
Visited a friend up in Philly last night and saw MHD for the first time on Comcast. All I have to say is DISH needs to move their asses and get this in the lineup.

Concerts, videos, everything was amazing.

Dish has Rave HD, they are the first, they have a great line up of concerts and series and they continually add new programs. I'm still curious about music videos. It seems like there aren't many produced in HD, so I don't know what they are playing at MHD. I wouldn't be happy with and HD service that isn't really in HD.

I got a copy of the Beastie Boy's Check It Out today that is 1080i. Looks good . . err looks as good as the Beaties Boys can look I guess. ;)

Yup. That is ONE of the few music videos that was shot in native HD. There are also animated videos like those from the Gorillaz, but you can count them on one hand, maybe two. I know because I have a friend who works in the music business in video production. The record labels do not want to make the extra investment to make videos in HD. You can not program an entire channel with the small amount of true HD music videos that currently exist.

Which is really silly since almost all of them are filmed and letterboxed to SD these days. They go into the same editor, how much extra does it take to master in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)