Miami Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland asks Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute

I can't believe someone would even think of asking that question.

I can't believe someone would even think of asking that question.

There alot of former football players doing talking shows stating that everyone is making a big deal out of nothing because SUPPOSEDLY, since these teams are investing millions, they should have the right to ask these questions....

BULL****!

If they were to ask their sons and daughters these types of questions, they would have a cow!

There alot of former football players doing talking shows stating that everyone is making a big deal out of nothing because SUPPOSEDLY, since these teams are investing millions, they should have the right to ask these questions....

BULL****!

If they were to ask their sons and daughters these types of questions, they would have a cow!

Totally agree.

Sandra

BULL****!

yeah i know who you're talking about. i understand the point being made but i disagree with it. you don't ask this question. when an NFL team wants to know something about a player they have ways of obtaining this info. everyone knows that. Ireland already knew the answer to this question since he obviously did some investigating. its a question you just don't ask period. i hate this kind of negative attention. and if he he didn't know the answer to this question :)rolleyes:) then have your people investigate.DON'T ASK

A good comeback would have been, "Yea, she's working the same corner as your sister.", followed by him getting up and walking out of the interview.

BULL****!

Totally agree.

Sandra

The world is coming to an end. They agree on something. :D:D

A good comeback would have been, "Yea, she's working the same corner as your sister.", followed by him getting up and walking out of the interview.

The Miami front office was trying to trap Dez Bryant. He was labeled as "trouble" and a "bad character" from the beginning. Saying anything or doing anything would've hurt Bryant's draft status. In the end, Bryant was the bigger man and didn't snoop to Ireland's low class antics.

BULL****!

If they want to get treated as we do in the "real" world, than take "real" world pay.

In 2009 the 24th pick in the NFL draft got 10.35mil. If someone was going to pay me 10 mil, I could care less if they asked if my mom was a prostitute, of course they wouldn't because my mom wasn't in the clink for 18 months for crack.

If they want to get treated as we do in the "real" world, than take "real" world pay.

In 2009 the 24th pick in the NFL draft got 10.35mil. If someone was going to pay me 10 mil, I could care less if they asked if me mom was a prostitute, of course they wouldn't because my mom wasn't in the clink for 18 months for crack.

Wow. Just wow.

Sandra

Matt Millen sides with.... Jeff Ireland?!

Only days after he was forced to apologize for using the term "Polack" while engaged in on-air banter with colleague Ron Jaworski, former Lions G.M. Matt Millen has returned to the ESPN airwaves (so much for a suspension) to weigh in regarding the question that was posed prior to the draft by Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland to receiver Dez Bryant.

Millen's take?

"We're making a big deal out of something that's probably not that big a deal."

Millen supported his belief by explaining that, in a pre-draft interview, "there are no questions that are out of bounds" because, on a football field, "there are no questions that are out of bounds."

Matt Millen enters the Dez Bryant fray | ProFootballTalk.com

In 2009 the 24th pick in the NFL draft got 10.35mil. If someone was going to pay me 10 mil, I could care less if they asked if my mom was a prostitute, of course they wouldn't because my mom wasn't in the clink for 18 months for crack.

SO this it...because they will be making millions....GM and presidents of teams are allowed to ask whatever they want? Really?

Look, they make tons of money because there approx. 1800 NFL jobs on active rosters. What does that mean, it means that there are only 1800 jobs IN THE WORLD for that skill/s. IF I was one of the few...HELL YEAH I want to be paid gobs of money. THAT still does not give you the right if someones mother is a prostitute....ESPECIALLY with all the background checking these teams and the NFL do...they would have known ALREADY.

SO this it...because they will be making millions....GM and presidents of teams are allowed to ask whatever they want? Really?

Look, they make tons of money because there approx. 1800 NFL jobs on active rosters. What does that mean, it means that there are only 1800 jobs IN THE WORLD for that skill/s. IF I was one of the few...HELL YEAH I want to be paid gobs of money. THAT still does not give you the right if someones mother is a prostitute....ESPECIALLY with all the background checking these teams and the NFL do...they would have known ALREADY.

The bottom line is that athletes do get 'real world' pay. Without going all John Keynes, in a capitalistic society everyone is paid according to supply and demand. If they were not worth the money to these teams, they would not get the contract.

You can lament all you want that athletes are paid higher than teachers, police officers, etc., but the truth is there are many who can do those jobs, and very few who can do what Dez Bryant can do.

It's like Babe Ruth said when asked if he thinks it's right that he's paid more than the President of the United States. Babe's answer was 'I had a better year'.

Sandra

Only days after he was forced to apologize for using the term "Polack" while engaged in on-air banter with colleague Ron Jaworski, former Lions G.M. Matt Millen has returned to the ESPN airwaves (so much for a suspension) to weigh in regarding the question that was posed prior to the draft by Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland to receiver Dez Bryant.

Millen's take?

Millen supported his belief by explaining that, in a pre-draft interview, "there are no questions that are out of bounds" because, on a football field, "there are no questions that are out of bounds."

Matt Millen enters the Dez Bryant fray | ProFootballTalk.com

HD...every single EX player that is NOW a front office guy or USE TO be a front office guy thinks this totally and completely

The bottom line is that athletes do get 'real world' pay. Without going all John Keynes, in a capitalistic society everyone is paid according to supply and demand. If they were not worth the money to these teams, they would not get the contract.

You can lament all you want that athletes are paid higher than teachers, police officers, etc., but the truth is there are many who can do those jobs, and very few who can do what Dez Bryant can do.

It's like Babe Ruth said when asked if he thinks it's right that he's paid more than the President of the United States. Babe's answer was 'I had a better year'.

Sandra

Back, back, back, back, back... GONE!

Sandra knocks it out of the park!

Sandra

Hey, I agree 100%....not disagreeing with you in the least.

...for a change...;):p

I know Ireland has apologized for asking the question, but has he said why he asked it??

If it was to try and get a rise out of Bryant, why didn't he apologize at the end of the interview and explain why he did it?? Kinda like Candid Camera... :)

If, for some reason he really wanted to know the answer to that question, what bearing does that have on choosing Bryant in the draft??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)