Miami Ft laud Signal issues??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flipper2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
South Florida
Ive called advanced tech support and they have no clue (what planet they live on). But check this issue out and let me know if it's my system or local miami/ftl problem.

All this week sometime between 1210a-1230a I lose the DTV Local MI04 (CBS AFFILIATE). I also lose my OTA HD CBS 4-1 at the same time. (you would think it's a affiliate problem), but at the same time this happens, i also lose my OTA 6-1 (but LOCAL MI6) is fine. When it's working and i check the signal, its 94-100% with the antenna. It's also happening on MI23 and OTA 23. This is really weird, because all night when im using it, it's fine, but after 12 something, it just vanishes. For the OTA HD's I get Cant find Signal message and when i check it shows "0" for these stations. All of the other stations are perfect, this is so bizzare. It's happening on both my H20 and HD-250. When I wake up in the morning 7ish, everything is working perfectly again.

tonight, since i dont have work in the morning i will plug in my old voom ird and see if the ota is gone from there since it's a completely different system. if it is, then i know it's something goofy in the area, if it works, theres something going on with dtv.

Here is a little background on my system. 3LNB system with multiswitch. 1 Connection goes to HD-250, the other connection goes to a H20. For OTA, im using a powered terk55 with a splitter on the end so 1 end goes to each ird for the OTA signal. On the H20 connection, im using a diplexer with antenna and ota. It works perfectly except during that overnight period.

Here is the kicker, never had this problem before Monday, Monday happens to be the day i hooked up the H20, could be coincidence. Like i said, i called DTV adv support and they dont have a clue, they said my installation is too complex???????????????

Does any other this make sense? Any input appreciated. When i test my other voom ird tonight with the ota, this will explain some stuff hopefully.

PS.. Completely unrelated, just got the H20 from BestBuy, they had a RACK of them in Sunrise, fl. The firmware on the initial box CRASHED over and OVer as the account rep initialized the ird. every time i changed the channel it rebooted and or froze. Then a BIG Ua appeared on screen with a system update that took about 30 minutes, when it finished it resolved all of those problems. But damn, after all these lessons they should have learned, this will be a tech support nightmare for all the users who try to activate after plugging it in. :shocked

just a thought tivo does data download around that time try running hd20 sole see if problem still happens.

dnb said:
just a thought tivo does data download around that time try running hd20 sole see if problem still happens.

It;s weird problem, but it didnt happen on Friday night. I wonder if there was a problem with the transmission towers, nothing makes sense.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts