Michael Bay's The Last Ship on TNT

They are moving it along...we know what the green mist is now and what it does. We know why Pang is using it. What we don't know is what's going on behind the doors with the new President, but it doesn't look/sound good.
The new president definitely is up to no good. He cut out President Michner's aide and confidant out of the new cabinet office. So what is he up to? I want someone to explain to me why they show the title of the show with a drop of fluid hitting St. Louis and then branching out to the middle of China in blue coming up against a red tide coming from the west. Is that symbolic for the cure /vaccine being distributed and now the red is the uncurables due to China's green mist being weaponized to cause the population not to accept the U.S. cure? If this is the focus of the show from now on , I am not going to be too interested. Whether China cures or kills off the various Asian population has little meaning to me. I would be more focused on what is left of the U.S. and how that is coming. How about England or Europe, South America? The whole focus on China, Vietnam,Japan, etc is boring to me. Reminds me too much of the whole Vietnam war thing when I was a kid.

The new president definitely is up to no good. He cut out President Michner's aide and confidant out of the new cabinet office. So what is he up to? I want someone to explain to me why they show the title of the show with a drop of fluid hitting St. Louis and then branching out to the middle of China in blue coming up against a red tide coming from the west. Is that symbolic for the cure /vaccine being distributed and now the red is the uncurables due to China's green mist being weaponized to cause the population not to accept the U.S. cure? If this is the focus of the show from now on , I am not going to be too interested. Whether China cures or kills off the various Asian population has little meaning to me. I would be more focused on what is left of the U.S. and how that is coming. How about England or Europe, South America? The whole focus on China, Vietnam,Japan, etc is boring to me. Reminds me too much of the whole Vietnam war thing when I was a kid.
Maybe the Chinese leader is also an immune who is working with the other immunes to kill off all of those who could be both saved by the cure & who were already saved by the cure. If you control the cure, you control the people.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I think that they have spent way to much time on the whole Vietnam story line.
Aren't all shows edging in that direction? With or without commercials, the story arcs often seem to last decidedly longer than the excitement does. That's why I gave up on Walking Dead and Turn.

Shows often take a turn for the worse when when key cast members begin taking a more active roll in direction. Some call it preserving a vision while the rest of us call it self-indulgence.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Maybe the Chinese leader is also an immune who is working with the other immunes to kill off all of those who could be both saved by the cure & who were already saved by the cure.
The immunes vs the succeptible is ancient history. Pretty much everyone is getting the cure. The difference is whether or not they get the "green mist" before or after.

The goal, as it has been very clearly stated, is genocide.

But since probably 2-3 billion have probably died from the virus, what's the point of genocide unless you want to rule the most territory with a sparse population? Granted, Pang could have that exact motivation, but I would guess you'd be looking at the long-game, as opposed to short-term...

But since probably 2-3 billion have probably died from the virus, what's the point of genocide unless you want to rule the most territory with a sparse population?
You assume that despots want to deal with citizens and that's just silly. Perhaps you were unaware that Joseph Stalin is credited with the "unnatural death" of around 40 million of his country's citizens.

We're talking lots of land with the associated natural resources and you're the one making the rules.

Actually, I am aware of Stalin's atrocities. Lots of land with associated natural resources are worthless to a despot if s/he doesn't have the population to exploit the natural resources. Pang's military can't do everything he wants done. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what happens...

Actually, I am aware of Stalin's atrocities. Lots of land with associated natural resources are worthless to a despot if s/he doesn't have the population to exploit the natural resources. Pang's military can't do everything he wants done. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what happens...
If you down most of the trees, a few trusted people (or contractors) operating heavy machinery can produce unimaginable riches through mining and drilling.

It doesn't take much of a military to handle a world army of one guided missle destroyer and a stolen Chinese helecopter.

Looks like the writers are putting a little "Jericho" or "Revolution" twist on the show . I like where they are headed with the show,especially since we are back at home again. Was sick to death of the whole China/Vietnam story line.

Looks like the writers are putting a little "Jericho" or "Revolution" twist on the show . I like where they are headed with the show,especially since we are back at home again. Was sick to death of the whole China/Vietnam story line.

Not quite, they still have to deal with Peng. I think the coup back home won't be resolved until next season. I do wonder how the ship will remain relevant going forward.

Both are happening at roughly the same time - events in St. Louis and in Asia. I too have a feeling the coup situation won't be resolved this season...took a lot of episodes setting it up, it would be weird to resolve in the last two eps of this season...

I also noted the "Revolution" type of situation going on, with talk of regions and territories, the wall (potentially more than one?) being erected.
The warehouses (storehouses?) of food being set up and the red dots on the map being max security prisons, etc.

Put part of that in spoiler tags in case some haven't seen it yet...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts