Michigan Sales Tax

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheTimm

Made In Detroit
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 18, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hey Michiganders. . .

For what it's worth, I e-mailed the Department of Treasury and asked them if satellite television programming is subject to sales tax. The answer was no, "Programming is not taxable. Tax is only due on tangible personal property." I plan to call Voom each month and have them adjust my bill until they get their i's dotted and t's crossed.

I agree, Voom owes a lot of us a refund plus interest. Its not subject to sales tax here either but they are collecting it.

Is there any way to get this refunded? I just had Voom installed yesterday and noticed the charging of sales tax yesterday. Voom seems to not acknowledge that in Michigan you don't pay sales tax on satellite service. They wanted me to know that they charged me the proper 6% rate, which is right if they could charge the tax to begin with. This is not acceptable since both DirecTV and Dish Network have never charged me tax. I don't think I will be a customer for very long with a company that over charges me every month for a tax they can't collect.

GutenTag said:
Is there any way to get this refunded? I just had Voom installed yesterday and noticed the charging of sales tax yesterday. Voom seems to not acknowledge that in Michigan you don't pay sales tax on satellite service. They wanted me to know that they charged me the proper 6% rate, which is right if they could charge the tax to begin with. This is not acceptable since both DirecTV and Dish Network have never charged me tax. I don't think I will be a customer for very long with a company that over charges me every month for a tax they can't collect.

My plan is to call Voom each month that they try to charge me this "tax" and insist that they credit it to my account. Supposedly went well the first time, but then again I haven't received my next bill!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)