Winston Salem NC Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

schrader

Original poster
Feb 13, 2005
Looking at Voom, but like everyone I am concered about OTA reception. I am about 30 miles from the towers but they are in opposite directions.
Anyone else from this area?

I know you are looking for local to winston but I'm in Cary.. i only get 2 OTA channels. I've just learned to deal with it because I like the HD channels so much. I do miss the local news some times though.

I'm in Lewisville - a mile or two away Clemmons and I get channel 26, 12, 2, 45, and channel 36 (NBC) and 3 (CBS) in Charlotte with the standard antenna.

Apparently from what I've read Fox8 is broadcasting in low power and they are supposed to be increasing it sometime towards the end of May.

Thats encouraging. My wife has to have networks. DVR would be nice too, but I think she can let that go.
Are you using the Voom supplied antenna? With rabbit ears I can pick up most of the Greensboro stations. But the towers are in 2 different directions. As you are most likely aware.
Still can't decide whether to go with Voom or not. Deal runs out in a couple of weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)