GEOSATpro Micro HD & A 1TB Hard Drive?

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
I tried to connect a 1TB SATA hard drive to my Micro HD via a USB adapter that works with a 500GB drive but I get a read error with that 1TB drive connected? That drive works fine connected via same USB adapter to my Computer but not with this Micro HD?

So will that Micro HD handle a 1TB drive because it worked fine with the 500 that was connected to it?

Thanks

I found my USB adapter will not do the larger SATA 3 drives. Only the SATA 2 and 1. I am shopping for a replacement. I have a Rosewill two bay drive enclosure with 2 drives in it. The microHD shows them both as USB A and USB B

OK guys, Magic, you hit the nail on the head. This USB adapter I have is the problem as it won't work with my computer either using this 1TB drive. I thought I had used it to connect that 1TB drive to my computer but I guess I was mistaken. It does have it's own power supply but it's one of those IDE/SATA to USB combo adapters from fleabay so I guess I shouldn't expect too much from it.

The computer I connected that drive to also has an add in PCIe 4 port USB 3.0 card in it and I've got some USB 3.0 to SATA cable adapters I use with it and that 1TB drive works fine with those. Just doesn't work with the other type.

Lemmie know what you find that works Magic as I'll be needing a couple myself.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The MicroHD works GREAT with the Thermaltake BlacX docking bases, and 2.5 or 3.5 inch drives you have laying around. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153066

When you fill up one drive, you can power down the dock, POP the drive out, and slide in another one. Works great! I have several that are USB 2.0 only, and a USB 2.0/eSata one for another purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)