GEOSATpro Micro HD is not playing videos .AVI

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
My Micro HD receiver is not playing my Videos "Avi".
I have a lot Pictures & Videos from my digital cameras (canon) already unloaded on my Winbook external drive 1 TB. Is funny to watch with the family everything through my Micro HD receiver I have played Videos :Mov, Mpeg4 but for any reason the Videos "Avi" appears the message "no codec available"..
The specifications said Video fromat & Codecs : Avi (free)..
Anybody knows anything about this?

Probably something to do with those specific .avi files, and how they were packed. Download and run Gspot, have it check those .avi files, and it'll tell you what codecs they were packed with. THEN, run a .avi file through it that the MicroHD can play, and figure out the difference. Then you can convert the non-playing ones to what you need. Here's Gspot: http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Unfortunately it doesn't t play very may file types :( There was a request to increase the file playing capability, but there were no additions. I have a very large media collection of many types of files. I have a 4TB USB drive that the microHD will recognize and play. But I'm still waiting for those improvements we keep hearing about.

Avi is not a specific codec as Primestar said, just a standard way to Interleave the Audio and Video in the file. Many are proprietary ($), so even if SatAV added a bunch of new codecs, it still may not work as yours might not be one of them. Converting is usually lossy and very time consuming.

I've never been able to get the Micro HD to play any of the .avi files I have? The two AZBox receivers I have will pretty much pay anything so if I want to watch something the Micro won't play I just switch to the AZ for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)