GEOSATpro Micro Hd losing channel positions

mucketbucket

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
louisville,ky
I am not sure what is going on. I start setting up my sat positions 1-ku and 1-cband on each sat. Starting with 83 west and usually get three or four more set up and all of a sudden my positions are off on the ones i just finished setting up. It's almost like the dish (10 ft cband) is slipping or losing its position. I am using the vbox with diseq 1.2 to move it and it works great for a bit then suddenly I have to reprogram the positions. Could it be the motor on the dish mover (only about 3 months old) or is the microhd losing these positions? Is there any way to verify where the problem is? I have noticed sometimes when I try to bump the position a few bumps the vbox just takes off and keeps going. Also when I use the micro to bump it it always goes 2 positions instead of being able to bump it 1 position at a time, not sure if this has anything to do with it. I do have the latest software loaded and have been using it for a while also. Is anyone else having this problem or can shed some light on it?

Well, the first thing I'd do in a case like this, is go out to my c-band dish and try to push it back and forth and see if it's "floppy" or moves like there's a loose bolt, or something of that sort. Perhaps the actuator clamps aren't tightened down, and the whole thing is slipping through the collar.

It's not the micro. The Vbox stores the actual position. The micro stores the position number. The micro gives the command to the vbox to go to position X and the vbox takes it from there. The problem is either mechanical or an issue with counting pulses from the switches in the actuator. If it's the latter it could be the switches or the cable to the switches could be in poor shape, bad connections to the vbox, noise being induced, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)