GEOSATpro Scans, But No Channels

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I decided it was time to scan in the new PBS location at AMC21 12180-30000-Vertical-S2. Everything went fine until the video froze. I did a forced re-boot and it cleared the video, but the channels were gone. I went back into my TP list and 12180 was still there. When I go to advanced scan it shows a 100% signal, I scan the TP, it locks, but when the scan is finished there are no channels listed when it ask if they are to be saved. I have re-booted several times, deleted the TPs and re-entered them all with the same results. I have gone to other satellites and scanned in some channels with no problems there. I have done everything except a data reset, which I try to avoid because every time I do one it turns into a disaster. Any ideas on what the problem is and how to cure it will be appreciated. Thanks, ~J~

Experiencing the same problem. Don't know what is going on, but for the last week and a half or so, a scan of the transponder does not give the channels. I have had them scanned in for quite a while, so still have them, but only noticed the problem after I had deleted the channels/transponder to do a re-scan (channels had been taking a bit of time to show up, so thought that may be a slight frequency shift might help). Of course, re-loaded in a saved channel list, so have them again, but they do not show up in the Advance scan PID area of that transponder.

Anyhow, a manual entry should help. Unfortunately, I don't know what the PMT PIDs should be (hopefully someone else can give them to you) but for now just use a random number for each.
Each one is H264 and AC3, and the PCR is the same as the VPID:

HD01 East, SID:3 V:49 A:52
HD02 West, SID:4 V:65 A:68
HD03 Feeds, SID:5 V:81 A:84
SD01 Feeds, SID:11 V:177 A:180
SD02 Create, SID:12 V:193 A:196
SD03 VME, SID:13 V:209 A:212
SD04 World, SID:14 V:225 A:228

Thanks Keith, but now that is the least of my worries. I think you helped me out with this problem before. If you did, I hope you can bail me out again.

Well, I knew that if I did a data reset it would be a disaster, it was. When I re-enter the channel list from the USB only three of the 59 channels show up, the rest are dark and not showing any SRs. I've had this happen before and I cleared it up, but unfortunately I don't remember how I did it.

UPDATE: Figured out this problem. When I do a data reset the video output has to be on component. I had it on HDMI, when I switched to component all of the channels and SRs came back. I am writing it down this time. ____________________________________

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)