GEOSATpro microHD Beta Testing Comments: version .13 11142012

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ghomen asahi. i went back the the previous version 11. the offending channel was working well. then i went to check the tv system and it was 1080i and 16:9. just had had no problems before i loaded the new firmware. went back to to new firmware and set it as before. switching firmware was easier than the openbox and i did that many times with that receiver. charlie

Nope and I even tried some different combos last night of deleting tps.

Works great have not found any thing that is not right. Unable to cause a reboot or cycling reboot.

Still testing... I'm currently doing a miniBUD experiment. I scanned in one TP on Satmex6 on C-band. I deselected 99W on Ku band on the main menu's satellite list, and then selected ALL SATELLITES on the on-screen menu list. I tried to move to Radio Reka on 99W Ku-band. No cycle, but there's still an issue -- the microHD completely reboots once and puts me back on Satmex 6. Then tried selecting 99W on Ku band in the on-screen menu Satellite list. Same thing: complete reboot but goes back to Satmex6. Then put 99W Ku-band back into the list on the main menu satellite list. Tried selecting Radio Reka -- the dish moved correctly to the location with no reboot. This is a minor inconvenience, as it certainly beats the "cycle of death" but I know the shut-down might have been something to address in future firmware versions. Doesn't bother me that much. Nice that it goes right back to the last viewable/usable satellite.

I'm hoping to test the Virgin island mux feature, as I sometimes get it on the miniBUD, but only an hour or so of daylight here, and there's something on Ku-band I want to record tonight. I'll try saving the .udf from my current microHD list (not an old corrupted .udf), use the AliEditor and add a channel manually to see how that works -- as I think this was something that was in the list to be tested, right?

hope i saw this right. 0530 cdt i wanted to check a recording from friday on 58w. friday had some trouble getting the tv setting right, then set the dvr for 3 events on 625 english, nhk. this morning the time was wrong. minutes were ok but present time was 6 hours in the future. 12:51 pm instead of 06:51 am at that present time. changed the time and went to church. now i am back home and checked the time again. it is reading 09:08 M. i will wait to do anything to the time until i hear something. i will leave the screen as is. gmt is off. date is present date. this is with the new firmware. charlie

No changes were made to time or timers in this firmware. Only the three changes posted in post one of this thread have been implemented.

northgeorgia said:
I'll try saving the .udf from my current microHD list (not an old corrupted .udf), use the AliEditor and add a channel manually to see how that works -- as I think this was something that was in the list to be tested, right?

No need to manually add the PR 99w h264 channels. They now are properly logged during a channel search. No longer necessary to add using ALI Editor.

Finally got the miniBUD to scan the PR/VI mux. I get 6 channels with VPIDS of 257, 513, 769, 1537, 2049, and 1825. The 1825 shows no video nor audio, but does have a signal (this is Service ID # 113 in the mux). Is this correct?

northgeorgia said:
Finally got the miniBUD to scan the PR/VI mux. I get 6 channels with VPIDS of 257, 513, 769, 1537, 2049, and 1825. The 1825 shows no video nor audio, but does have a signal (this is Service ID # 113 in the mux). Is this correct?

Press the INFO key twice to display the channel parameters. SID = Service ID

Sorry...I haven't yet eaten today, so I'm not expressing myself clearly. I meant to say it seems all of the PR channels scan in fine, but I do get one channel in the mux that has no video or audio. The parameters of this one channel are (VPID 1825 APID 10018 (Dolby D) SID 113). The other five channels come in just fine. So, I was just checking to see if this sixth channel with the parameters I listed is is supposed to be a blank screen with no transmission? Sorry for the confusion.

Took advantage of a nice warm sunny Fall day and worked on the dish farm to relax. I loaded the beta file Friday and has been perfect in normal day to day operation. Experimented with it for several hours outside pointing dishes scanning and deleting etc. No problems at all. I was never really sure why mine had issues previously but I gave it a workout today.

Hello to All.

I think it's logical that the details of my satellite system.

This' my satellite configuration:
Universal Quad LNB 4 with 4 inputs, 4 DiseqC 1.0 with descent of independent cables (4 receivers).
Lnb 1: Hot Bird 13 East
Lnb 2: Astra 19.2 East
Lnb 3: 7 east Eutelsat 7A (ex W3a)
Lnb 4: Eutelsat 5 West A (formerly Atlantic Bird 3).
Added manually by me, not being in the satellite list by default.

This evening I installed the beta version 0.13 11142012.
I had no problems updating via USB.

First impressions are very good.

I had a scan "Blind scan details" on the 4 satellites available.
I noticed that with this tune also update data channels, where normally there are updates to the decoder, cam, and TV.
And also the dedicated channels to the Internet. Before, I would tune.
This maybe is not 'very useful' cause increases the number of channels tuned, running out of capacity 'total number of channels that the decoder can' store.

Another thing that I noticed 'sound.
An example:
Euronews that it was just before the canal was now with the sound right (Italian), now we need to select it using the appropriate button on the remote control.

I did not notice bogus values ??from "Modulation" and "Video Resolution".
First there was some mistake.

I still did a few tests to make a judgment, but 'I can say that this software
performs well.

Faro 'other tests in the coming days.

In conclusion a vote: 8

Maybe a little thought to
DVB-S2/8PSK/H-8PSK/QPSK/BPSK/16APSK 32APSK ACM, VCM, Multi-Input-Stream.

Hello.
max

I apologize to all, but I do not speak English, I'm using the Google translator.
I must have done a bit 'of confusion.

Last edited:
English please....

Hello to All.

I think it's logical that the details of my satellite system.

This' my satellite configuration:
Universal Quad LNB 4 with 4 inputs, 4 DiseqC 1.0 with descent of independent cables (4 receivers).
Lnb 1: Hot Bird 13 East
Lnb 2: Astra 19.2 East
Lnb 3: 7 east Eutelsat 7A (ex W3a)
Lnb 4: Eutelsat 5 West A (formerly Atlantic Bird 3).
Added manually by me, not being in the satellite list by default.

This evening I installed the beta version 0.13 11142012.
I had no problems updating via USB.

First impressions are very good.

I had a scan "Blind scan details" on the 4 satellites available.
I noticed that with this tune also update data channels, where normally there are updates to the decoder, cam, and TV.
And also the dedicated channels to the Internet. Before, I would tune.
This maybe is not 'very useful' cause increases the number of channels tuned, running out of capacity 'total number of channels that the decoder can' store.

Another thing that I noticed 'sound.
An example:
Euronews that it was just before the canal was now with the sound right (Italian), now we need to select it using the appropriate button on the remote control.

I did not notice bogus values ??from "Modulation" and "Video Resolution".
First there was some mistake.

I still did a few tests to make a judgment, but 'I can say that this software
performs well.

Faro 'other tests in the coming days.

In conclusion a vote: 8

Maybe a little thought to
DVB-S2/8PSK/H-8PSK/QPSK/BPSK/16APSK 32APSK ACM, VCM, Multi-Input-Stream.

Hello.
max

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts