GEOSATpro microHD Beta Testing Comments: version .13 11142012

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I've used Google Translate, and he has nothing to apologise for, as his posts are understandable compared to what that sometimes spits out. I've discovered it's best NOT to use it to translate back to Asians though, as it can be quite insulting, lol.

Hello Max,

Thank you for your notes on the European testing.

The reason that we are logging data channels is to capture services that may not have correct DVB tables. Also we will be enabling the ability to record data services so users can playback data on a PC that would not normally playback on the STB. We don't run the risk on logging too many services in North America, but I understand that this could be a problem in Europe as you have so many more services transmitted on the satellites.

How many audio languages are available from EuroNews? Once you select the correct language by pressing the Audio Key, the language selection will be remembered for the next time the channel is tuned.

Google Translation:

Ciao Max,

Grazie per le note sulla prova europea.

La ragione per cui stiamo registrazione canali di dati è quello di catturare i servizi che non possono avere corrette tabelle DVB. Inoltre ci sarà la possibilità che consente di registrare i servizi dati così gli utenti possono riprodurre i dati su un PC che normalmente non la riproduzione del dispositivo STB. Noi non correre il rischio la registrazione troppi servizi in Nord America, ma capisco che questo potrebbe essere un problema in Europa come avete tanti servizi più trasmessi sui satelliti.

Quante lingue audio sono disponibili da EuroNews? Una volta selezionata la lingua corretta premendo il tasto audio, la selezione della lingua sarà ricordato per la prossima volta è sintonizzato il canale.

If everyone can be as accommodating as Brian, this place would be even a greater place! Great job Brian, on the work you do and explanation you always readily provide! Thanks!

Hmmm...seems like so far I am the only one that still has the reboot on satellite list deactivation. Really cool to hear about the data service recording feature....is that implemented yet? (<-- said the man that never experimented with this)

Right now the data service logging is implemented for more reliable channel logging on muxes with non DVB compliant tables or problematic service logging.

We have not yet tested the data service file recording for external device playout. Short on time right now to test on a IPTV service. Will test and report in another thread during the holidays.

i got the reboot after deleting 91w with five channels scanned in. the channels were still there but when i tried to go to 93w the microhd rebooted and came up on 89w. i was still able to go to the 5 channels on 91w but rebooted when i tried to go to 93w. i probably should have tried to go to 89w after going to 91w. then i went to the satellites and added 91w back in, rebooted the microhd and everything worked ok. charlie

Hello Max,

Thank you for your notes on the European testing.

The reason that we are logging data channels is to capture services that may not have correct DVB tables. Also we will be enabling the ability to record data services so users can playback data on a PC that would not normally playback on the STB. We don't run the risk on logging too many services in North America, but I understand that this could be a problem in Europe as you have so many more services transmitted on the satellites.

How many audio languages are available from EuroNews? Once you select the correct language by pressing the Audio Key, the language selection will be remembered for the next time the channel is tuned.

Google Translation:

Ciao Max,

Grazie per le note sulla prova europea.

La ragione per cui stiamo registrazione canali di dati è quello di catturare i servizi che non possono avere corrette tabelle DVB. Inoltre ci sarà la possibilità che consente di registrare i servizi dati così gli utenti possono riprodurre i dati su un PC che normalmente non la riproduzione del dispositivo STB. Noi non correre il rischio la registrazione troppi servizi in Nord America, ma capisco che questo potrebbe essere un problema in Europa come avete tanti servizi più trasmessi sui satelliti.

Quante lingue audio sono disponibili da EuroNews? Una volta selezionata la lingua corretta premendo il tasto audio, la selezione della lingua sarà ricordato per la prossima volta è sintonizzato il canale.

Hello SatelliteAV

Thanks for the reply.

Not 'a problem if when you scan a satellite, are also added to the data channels.
I just thought the students' ability of total storage on Micro HD channels.

EuroNews, these audio tracks:
2231 F
2232 E
2233 G
2234 I
2235 Sp
2236 P
2237 R
2238 A
2239 Tu
2240 FA
2241 Uk
2246 orig

I confirm that the audio track once changed, remains until you make a new channel scan.

The software works well, here 'in Europe.
I had no problem.

OT:
A question:
Can I delete all satellites "Default" that are on the list?
And leave alone those added by me manually?

Thank you.
max

magica_roma said:
Can I delete all satellites "Default" that are on the list?
And leave alone those added by me manually?

Yes. If you wish to make your list the factory Default list when performing a Factory Reset instead of reloading the North America list, you may save as Default in the Channel Edit menu screen.

Simply create your own satellite list without a channel list and save as default. Anytime a factory reset is performed, your custom satellite list will be reloaded instead of the default list provided with the firmware file.

i got the reboot after deleting 91w with five channels scanned in. the channels were still there but when i tried to go to 93w the microhd rebooted and came up on 89w. i was still able to go to the 5 channels on 91w but rebooted when i tried to go to 93w. i probably should have tried to go to 89w after going to 91w. then i went to the satellites and added 91w back in, rebooted the microhd and everything worked ok. charlie

I tried this. I deactivated 91w while I had been viewing one of it's channels. No problem at all. I was still able to view the channels already there, and change to another sat, and then back again.
I then went in and deleted 91w. Still no issue, the channels, and the satellite were removed from the list and the receiver just went to the next satellite in the list.
No problems.

Charlie,
Are you working with the default sat/tp list that loaded in with the new firmware? or did you load a different list?

I am using this firmware just the way it was supplied, and, I did not do an additional factory reset, the firmware rebooted and reset itself after loading it, I didn't do an additional factory set. Should I have?

Yes. If you wish to make your list the factory Default list when performing a Factory Reset instead of reloading the North America list, you may save as Default in the Channel Edit menu screen.

Simply create your own satellite list without a channel list and save as default. Anytime a factory reset is performed, your custom satellite list will be reloaded instead of the default list provided with the firmware file.

Hello SatelliteAV

Great, thanks for the information.

Have a nice day.

max

I am using this firmware just the way it was supplied, and, I did not do an additional factory reset, the firmware rebooted and reset itself after loading it, I didn't do an additional factory set. Should I have?

To clear your existing user data, perform a master reset after reloading the new .abs file. If you load the new .abs firmware file and do not perform a fatory reset, the unit is operating on new version firmware, but the old user data file. Both will work, but the factory reset and rescanning the satellites guarantees that the microHD is operating free of any .udf file corruptions.

So, I guess the fact that I didn't do a reset, and it's been working for me with no problems, is a good test for you?
I can go and reset it if you would prefer it tested that way...let me know.
That explains why I found the satellite(116.8) set to the wrong position(118.8). I remember now, I changed that one myself to test a separate dish install. That was with the previous firmware, so that also verifies that I did not do the reset after the update.

Tested both ways (with an existing .udf) provides even more confirmation that the issue has been resolved!

Thanks for the follow-up!

Brian looks like this firmware is ready for the masses.

Anyone able to cause a reboot or cycling reboot, yet (not loading an already corrupted .udf)?

No I can't get it to reboot have tried about 15 times now. :)

Good Job!!!

We are officially releasing version .13 today as tested by SatelliteGuys members.

There will be another version released in January with some feature changes, but we would highly recommend that owners upgrade to this version at your earliest convenience.

Thanks to the beta testers for sharing your testing results!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts