GEOSATpro microhd component out

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Brian: Is there no component out on the micro because of the size (obviously but no break out cable like the composite) or is it worthless because everything is protected with HDCP now?

Does hdcp not allow broadcaster to disable analog outputs? My cable co doesn't do it that i know of but I've heard they can disable all but hdmi to force hdcp on high demand content or channels.

HDCP usually applies to digital outputs. Component is an analog output. In some cases, HDCP may apply to the HD resolution over analog outputs and reduce the output on these connections to SD resolutions, but does not typically disable. If a device is not capable of displaying HDCP protected content, devices are readily available to strip the protection. Component outputs will continue to be an option as long as analog devices need to be connected.

At this point I have not observed any HDCP implementation on FTA channels, but we never know what the future holds. Has anyone experienced HDCP display issues on an FTA service?

Last edited:
...but does not disable. Component outputs will continue to be an option as long as analog devices need to be connected.

What I've read about disable (home theater mag a couple years ago) must be a deal they have with rebroadcasters to turn off those analog ports so people can't capture new stuff.

Now I do say, I would be willing to pay more for a micro hd or should i say large hd, with component, optical audio etc etc and a cool feature would be a slot in the back, similar to a cable card slot, that would fit a 2.5" sata hard drive, where it could hang out a little like a cable cards in a TiVo series 3 hd for easy change. With the extra room in the box, possibly 2 tuners.

Don't know if you have the budget or buyers to make a box like that but if you did down the road, I'm in :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts