MicroHD, Five LNBs, One 4x1 DiSeqc Switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Using a 1.2M Ku dish with a home made bracket that have 3 LNBs, and a 1M dish with 1 LNB, 1 LNB on a C dish giving me a total of 5 LNBs and five viewable sattelites.

Satellites. DiSeqc
97W. 1
95W. . 2
103W. 4
30W on 1M dish. 3

C dish using the fifth LNB, I have a 22mhz switch, which I connected to the 4x1 DiSeqc switch, but only the C dish passes the signal. All the Ku satellites are set to the ON setting, the C is set to the OFF.

What other hardware and settings are needed for this system to work with the single MicroHD.

In the DiSEqC 1.0 menu select the ports on your Ku LNBFs. That is the only setting you didn't mention. Everything else appears correct.

OK - I type sloooowwww - try the diseqc 1.0 settings Magic stated first. If no go, try > > >

Should work but maybe there's a bad 22Khz switch - remove the 22khz switch and see if that Ku works(??) on diseqc port 4. OR Try without the diseqc switch, just direct to the 22khz switch.

Maybe a bad LNBF on Ku on the diseqc port #4 k and 22khz switch??
Both ports of the 22khz switch need to be hooked up to an LNB for them to work (IIRR)

Try OFF for Ku and ON for C(?)

DiSeqc : Satellite : 22khz
1 : 97W. OFF
2 : 95W. OFF
3 : 30W on 1M dish. OFF
4 : 103W. ON to C Band & OFF to Ku

Avenger I use 6 lnbs I bought a amiko 8x1 switch from wallyhts works well lot better than what I had. A raine is right it always gives you more room to add on.

Reactions: . Raine
Okay, after spending some time trying to make this work, I came to the conclusion that the best thing to do is to invest in the 8x1 DiSeqc switch mentioned by A Raine. Tried every of the above suggestions with no good results.

Even though 30W is not quite coming in strong because of the partial LOS from the next door neighbor's pine trees, it was used for the test, LNBF signal is strong but not good quality. All of the time the 78W C channels came in strong, but never got the Ku and C channels to come in at the same time with or without the 22khz switch inline. I hope that the 8x1 switch will fix that.

Also noticed that when using the 4x1 DiSeqc switch connected to the Ku satellites, and after plugging the MicroHD back in to the wall, sometime I would have to turn the MicroHD On and OFF with the remote, for the satellite channels to come in, but the satellites always came in when using the "SAT" button on the remote.

Thanks for the help and comments.

All of the time the 78W C channels came in strong, but never got the Ku and C channels to come in at the same time
"At the same time" ????? You have one satellite programmed that would receive C and Ku simultaneously?? Are you using the Universal setting with 5150 and 10750 LO's?
Or two satellites, one C and another Ku? (that wouldn't actually be "at the same time", or simultaneously.
Strange! I had three 22khz switches hung off my 4x1 for quite a while with C and Ku LNBF's. But never 'at the same time' reception. Had to select a C or Ku sat individually. A combination of 22khz on and off for different Ku sats.
But I did simplify with the 8x1, deleting all the 22khz switches (had a hard time keeping On and Off 'in order').

Fat Air,

I did not mean to actually said simultaneously, I meant to say with the setup that I have now. A cluster of Ku band LNBF satellites(4) using the 4x1 DiSeqc and a single C band satellite dish using a 22khz inline with the 4x1 DiSeqc. It sure would be nice if we could receive both Ku and C bands simultaneous, LOL.. We might ask Brian if he can come up with a receiver that can do that.

That is the way my microHD is setup. I have a C/Ku LNB setup so I use a dual LO 5150-10750. When selecting a ku channel the 22khz tone comes on automatically. You will notice when using a dual LO the 22khz tone setting will be "Auto". So I use a 22khz for switching between C-Band and KU. Ku is "ON", C is "OFF"

with no disrespect to anyone, but coming from someone with 8 feeds on 7 dishes (who had trouble with "other" types of switches,) get the Amiko.8-place.
You won't regret it. I bought one, and was "gifted" one some time ago. GLAD to have a spare, but have never needed it, unlike other 4-place units which seemed to
give me trouble when used with 22khz switching needed.

Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)