GEOSATpro MicroHD Glitching and LocksUp

phantom_76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Ontario Canada
Ok this issue has now happen three times not sure if its a mux issue or software issue there is a new CTV Mux on Anik F1R @ 107.3w 4143 V 30000 anyways all the channels have glitches while watching them then after a while later not sure how long for sure but the microHD locks up and you have to pull the plug to get it back working from what i have heard this Mux is H264 if anyone else having this issue or if someone can check it out to see if im the only one i dont see this issue on any other channels or muxs but who knows Thanks Cor

Please describe "glitches". Does the video stutter, freeze, skip frames?

Is Time Shift ON or OFF?

Problem occur when USB drive is connected or disconnected?

We will test tomorrow, but would be helpful to know more about the issue.

Please describe "glitches". Does the video stutter, freeze, skip frames? Is Time Shift ON or OFF? Problem occur when USB drive is connected or disconnected? We will test tomorrow, but would be helpful to know more about the issue.
Well it seems to have a little digital blocking and the bottom and it dose stutter here and there and it also freezes then catches up with the show my signal is good 90s 85q no glitch there everything else on that sat looks good on that satellite mite be Bell Media at first but when it locked up last night and then today twice i thought i would bring it up and see what other guys where getting it seems like its a few hours on that mux and then it locks the unit up where you have to pull the plug to reset it not sure how long it takes because im out doing things and then come back and its locked up as for time shift its off and no drive plugged in wright now Thanks Cor

Sorry about that should of told you that 08-20-2012 firmware been working great for me a little leary about 08-29-2012 firmware with the rebooting issues the new firmware coming out sounds good glad you guys got that issue nipped in the butt anyways Thanks Brian for the Help Thanks Cor

Ok this issue has now happen three times not sure if its a mux issue or software issue there is a new CTV Mux on Anik F1R @ 107.3w 4143 V 30000 anyways all the channels have glitches while watching them then after a while later not sure how long for sure but the microHD locks up and you have to pull the plug to get it back working from what have heard this Mux is H264 if anyone else having this issue or if someone can check it out to see if im the only one i dont see this issue on any other channels or muxs but who knows Thanks Cor
I also am having the same issues..I will also add there is problems with the NBC mux on AMC18..C band..stuttering and freeze frame at times..noticed also a bit on the CBC mux too,but not as bad..I'm using the latest F/W..08-29-2012..Thanks..by the way ..I really like this little receiver...

Last edited:
I also am having the same issues..I will also add there is problems with the NBC mux on AMC18..C band..stuttering and freeze frame at times..I'm using the latest F/W..08-29-2012..Thanks..by the way ..I really like this little receiver...
Thanks Lucky53 just check out that NBC Mux and your wright it dose a little stutting and freezeing as well never really watch that mux because there is a lots of NBC channels out there but looking at someother site i see that that mux is as well DVB-S2 and H264 same as the mux that im seeing issues with hmmm wonder why the microHD dose not show you its H264 channel anyway thanks for checking on that if you leave you microHD on that CTV mux over night it will be locked up by morning im sure Thanks Cor

NBC West..stutting and freezeing...The CBC mux on Anik..107w..all channels have minor stuttering at times..

CBC City Channels on 107w 4160H30000? Is this the transponder that you are referring to?

On the test bench all CBC channels on transponder frequency 4160 video is smooth and no display artifacts using fixed resolution outputs of 720p, 1080i and 1080p. Viewed for about 10 minutes on each channel.

We have observed the stutter step video on 105w - NBC West channel. We recorded the mux and will submit to ALI to review and correct the coding. This used to be an occasional issue, but today we have observed it on several program sources. NBC must have changed encoders or ???

Thank you!

CBC City Channels on 107w 4160H30000? Is this the transponder that you are referring to?

On the test bench all CBC channels on transponder frequency 4160 video is smooth and no display artifacts using fixed resolution outputs of 720p, 1080i and 1080p. Viewed for about 10 minutes on each channel.
yes..If you were to watch it long enough,you would see a slight "quick glitch" in the picture at times..its not as bad the new CTV mux on Anik f1 107w..4140/v/30000..Brian..at this time I would like to thank you for the prompt replys to the minor issues with the MicroHD..I truly enjoy this receiver..and will use it as my main stb..its one of the main reasons why I bought..for the support its getting..Thank you..well done!!...btw.I'm using a 10ft. dish for C-Band with a Norsat 8115..

Last edited:
What is up with the lack of information in reports? If you provide specific channel information, we will test. Feels like I am pulling teeth just to find out what channel(s) you are referencing... We will not chase vague information...

When the channel is listed on a public list (Lyngsat, The List, etc.), please provide the satellite position, frequency, polarization, symbol rate and channel name(s) or PIDs. If not public list, please PM the information.

What is up with the lack of information in reports? If you provide specific channel information, we will test. Feels like I am pulling teeth just to find out what channel(s) you are referencing... We will not chase vague information... When the channel is listed on a public list (Lyngsat, The List, etc.), please provide the satellite position, frequency, polarization, symbol rate and channel name(s) or PIDs. If not public list, please PM the information.
What?? The fist Post in this therad has the info for the CTV mux the therad did go a little away from the mane issue but i open this topic with the info you needed only thing that i did not include is that it is a DVB-S2 mux and from what i found out form other forms its H264 im not trying to be rude but i do not see a issue with info not given on my end it been given in the first post Thanks Cor

What?? The fist Post in this therad has the info for the CTV mux the therad did go a little away from the mane issue but i open this topic with the info you needed only thing that i did not include is that it is a DVB-S2 mux and from what i found out form other forms its H264 im not trying to be rude but i do not see a issue with info not given on my end it been given in the first post Thanks Cor

Sorry, was now referring to the Telemundo feeds.

In this thread I keep asking for specifics, TP, Specific channel, firmware version, so it is easier to know what we are looking for.

Bottom line.... PLEASE provide complete information if reporting something!

Still testing CTV mux on 107w 4143V30000. There is no glitching or freezing on the 4 test bench units. No digitalization or macroblocking. Have units on HD-CKY-01, HD-CKCO-02, HD-CJOH-03 and HD-CFCF-04. Fixed resolution 1080p/60hz, no USB drive connected. The microHD has not locked up yet after 3 hours. Going to leave on overnight and check in the AM.

Is there a certain channel that is more problematic?

Is the microHD resolution set to a fixed output or automatic?

What is your dish size and LNB(f or feedhorn).

Last edited: