GEOSATpro MicroHD is Cycling Standby / Reboot

Noticed some more strange behavior. I scanned in 118.8 C-band and then scanned 118.8 Ku just for fun. Then while tuned to one of the Ku channels, I went into the menu and disabled the 118.8 Ku from the menu, but it disabled the C-band sat not the Ku. Strange stuff.

Raycock said:
Bryan, got mine operational again. Thanks for the assistance. Scanning in channels but staying away from 118.8. Thanks again.

Sweet great to hear you got it going. :)

Re: MicroHD is dead

Can a mod be made to the firmware that would dump this file in this event?

Or maybe a way to put a special filename on the Usb stick that when found it would automatically factory reset or use that file to overwrite the corrupted database file?

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

My problem

:confused: Hello Guys,

Well here goes! Just when everything was going great. This is probably something I did but I do need the help now. I am using my MicroHD and was watching 91W (Galaxy 17). I decided to go into the channel editor and delete all transponders which I did for that satellite because I was not going to watch that satellite. I then went back to the satellite list to uncheck that satellite which I did. I then went to 87W to watch that satellite. I was on 87W for less than minute and the MicroHD went off and when it rebooted it came up to 91W and of course there was no channel to watch. I cannot do anything with the remote to change anything when the MicroHD screen comes up then goes away. The MicroHD is a total reboot. I have tried different cables and removing the power for three minute’s and no change. I have tried the usb and of course, it does not see it.
When I do see the screen, I tried changing the satellite or go into menu, up and down, but nothing works. It seems that I am locked out to do anything!

I NEED HELP!

Looks like I may need to come up with a recovery cable. Is this the only way to get my MicroHD back up?

Last edited:
Have you ever used a computer channel editor with it?

Sent from my DROID using SatelliteGuys

Seems like someone else might have had a similar problem where it was stuck in boot mode? I can't remember the post now. I wonder if you were to take the channel editor in a computer & got to 91W and add a transponder and a couple of channels if you could re load it...well if it would boot. My only other idea is if you could totally reload the firmware. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for all the imput. Looks like I'll get the recovery cable and download my .udf file from my other (Good) MicroHD and use the editor to upload to the down MicroHD. The cable should be here later this comming week, I hope! Glad I have two MicroHD's to use. Maybe someone will learn from my mistakes. Mean while, I have downloaded my good .udf to two diffrent locations just in case I mess up again!

I have just experienced what the other people in this thread have, namely the MHD has gone into limbo. I have had my MicroHD for less than a week. I updated to the 8/29 version firmware/software and was getting very good results with my setup. I wanted to delete some satellites from the satellite list and did that. The hearts were removed. However I did not delete the channels first. When going back to the normal viewing mode (and possibly to a channel on the deleted satellite) the MicroHD started cycling with the red light coming on shortly about every 10 seconds. The HDMI was also cycling making it impossible to view the LG monitor I have attached. Unplugging it and repowering did not work and there is no response to the remote. I assume that this will require the TTL cable and a windows program to correct this problem. I only have a macbook. Since the unit is not yet one week old I will see if I can take it to my dealer (an hour drive) and have him do the necessary fix. It is annoying but expected in early firmware/software versions. After an initial hiccup with the original firmware/software this unit has been stellar and I have been very pleased with it up to now.

If this is a common problem, will a fix be available soon or is there a foolproof way to delete satellites?

Thanks and cheers, iHenry

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with cycling reboot.

Thank you for the information on the events leading up to the event. It would be helpful to know if the issue occurred on a channel from the deactivated satellite. Was the .udf file edited or still the original provided with the 8/29 firmware?

We are working on a solution, but it has been difficult to narrow down as there have been many variables in the events leading up to the failure.

Would you please ask the dealer to save your current .udf file before replacing with a new .udf and email it for our review? We are submitting the files to ALI for their review and input and an additional file would be helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian,

I really appreciate the response on this and other issues. I feel that the MicroHD is a first class product, well executed. The firmware/software hiccups are the rule these days as it is impossible to test all variations of use. You are on top of these problems and are solving them as they appear. I am sure that a fix or workaround will surface soon.

To answer your questions:

I am not sure whether a channel from the deselected satellite was involved as I pressed a lot of keys when the screen went blank. I had just deselected 89W and selected 101W and was returning from the antenna setup and satellite scan page to the normal viewer page to see what new satellite channels had activated. Then the screen went blank. After several seconds I tried to unsuccessfully return to the antenna setup page and that was when I first noticed the red light blink.

I have not had a chance to save anything through the USB port so the .udf was the 8/29 version. I assume the file updates itself when saving to a flash/hard drive.

I have spoken to my dealer (Dr Sat in Oakville, ON, CA) and will deliver the unit to him tomorrow to fix the problem. He just has to verify whether the TTL cable he has is suitable. I will report back on how it all went.

I will take the advice of an earlier post and never deselect a satellite without deleting its channels first. Cross your fingers

Thanks and cheers, Henry

just a thought in my head. what if the receiver is putting the dish moving on the screen and then it has no dish to move to? and reboots? did a few years programming for at&t in the 80's and strange things can happen in a program. charlie

PUBGALAXY
MONEYTIZER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)