GEOSATpro MicroHD --new firmware?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tekjunkie02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
n.fla
I read in one of the C-band threads that new firmware is being tested for release, when will that be released?

And, can you tell me the procedure to take the Micro back to a completely fresh clean install? as if it were just purchased (with the new firmware)?
I am guilty of using it on too many different set-ups and switching between them often, I think I've mucked it up, and I'd like to just start over,fresh!
Thanks,

We anticipated the firmware release this week, but the testing is incomplete.

The channel management solution that we are working on does not exist in any other consumer receiver.The ability to lock service parameters (result similar to changing the SID) without losing the features that require the SID such as EPG. This ON/OFF menu feature will allow edited names and unique or modified PIDs not to be overwritten during channel scans or auto PID updating. Quite challenging since the function interacts with many associated database items. If we don't have the routine 100% by next week, firmware will be released with several updates but a simplified solution for auto PID updating.

To update the microHD receiver with fresh firmware and New Default / User database:
  1. Load the .abs file and allow receiver to restart.
  2. Perform Factory Reset
  3. Remove the power source and reconnect.

Not overwriting user-modified channel names is a feature on the Optibox Gekko/Anaconda/Raptor line. I don't know how it does it, it's just automatic. (I also don't know what it does if a channel changes its own name, because I didn't test one for that long -- the blind scan had other problems on the Gekko and Anaconda, and the Raptor was too expensive for me.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts