MicroHD no output to tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onlysamiam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I purchased a new microHD on sept 20th 2013 I had some issues with it, but they were resolved with downloading program. It has worked perfectly for me until a couple of days past. When I use the remote to turn it on the little green lite comes on for a short time then switches to red for a few seconds and then returns to green and remains.
I have no output to the tv. I purchased a new av cable (RCA type), my TV does not accept HDMI input. I also checked the TV with another device using the RCA jacks and it works fine. I even checked the voltage output from the power supply and it also is fine.
Any thoughts as to what may be going on?
Thanx,
Sam

go into System Setup...TV System..make sure The Digital Output is LPCM....you should leave the stb on all the time..no need to turn it off..I leave mine on and no troubles,it won't overheat..

go into System Setup...TV System..make sure The Digital Output is LPCM....you should leave the stb on all the time..no need to turn it off..I leave mine on and no troubles,it won't overheat..

If you are using Composite output on the microHD, unplug the minijack plug on the back of it, and push it back in to "click it" It's probably that.

I would love to be able to do that. That would indicate that I could see the screen and I would have no problem. I presume you meant the MicroHD.

Well, then it appears you need to send it in for warranty, or buy another one. There's a posting in Classifieds for one for sale. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/329807-Micro-HD?p=3366124#post3366124

What I would try as a last resort, is take it to a friends house that has a tv set with HDMI input, and connect it that way to see if that output works. If it does, then you know something is wrong with the composite output jack or cable.

Well, then it appears you need to send it in for warranty, or buy another one. There's a posting in Classifieds for one for sale. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/329807-Micro-HD?p=3366124#post3366124

What I would try as a last resort, is take it to a friends house that has a tv set with HDMI input, and connect it that way to see if that output works. If it does, then you know something is wrong with the composite output jack or cable.

Primestar that thought had already crossed my mind. When I origionally purchased this I tossed the HDMI cable into a box of other cables. I retreived two of them from the box one is straight thru cable and the other has a little round barrel about 6 inches from each end. Not sure of which one to use.

Here is what an HDMI cable looks like:

hdmi_000.jpg

Here is what an HDMI cable looks like:

View attachment 95294

Thank you, I know what the ends look like. I was not sure of the two cables which to use...anyways I went to my Daughter's house, she has a HDMI TV. I used the straight thru cable and it works on HDMI. I have screen output. I don't recall any settings to select on the MicroHd menu to select between the two, composit and HDMI. If none exist then it will have to go back for warranty. Or perhaps someone knows of a software issue that may be at fault.

Thank you, I know what the ends look like. I was not sure of the two cables which to use...anyways I went to my Daughter's house, she has a HDMI TV. I used the straight thru cable and it works on HDMI. I have screen output. I don't recall any settings to select on the MicroHd menu to select between the two, composit and HDMI. If none exist then it will have to go back for warranty. Or perhaps someone knows of a software issue that may be at fault.

The composite output on the MicroHD is hard-wired for 480i, so there's no settings to change it in the menu. It couldn't hurt to try reflashing the firmware, but you'll also need to factory reset it. That all means starting over from scratch. Here's a link to the posting with the last version of firmware that was released. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...USB-and-Satellite-Update-(OTA-SSU)-06-26-2013

the only cord that works in the av output is the one that came with the microhd. that is my understanding. if you can borrow a tv with hdmi input, hook it up and set the micro to 480i input. that may have gotten accidently changed. if you have the manual, the steady green light says the microhd is working normally. then go to setup by hitting the menu key after giving the micro time to stabilize. hit the down key three times. hit right one time. hit down 1 time. that should highlight 'factory reset'. hit ok. then hit left one time then ok. then power the microhd down and then power up. you should be at 480i video resolution. hope this helps. charlie

The composite output on the MicroHD is hard-wired for 480i, so there's no settings to change it in the menu. It couldn't hurt to try reflashing the firmware, but you'll also need to factory reset it. That all means starting over from scratch. Here's a link to the posting with the last version of firmware that was released. http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...USB-and-Satellite-Update-(OTA-SSU)-06-26-2013

When I was having all of the issues when I first purchased it I ended up installing, ( I believe this is the update I installed), the latest firmware and doing a factory reset. I suppose it would not hurt to do it all over again. I will have to borrow my Daughter's TV to be able to use the on screen menu. I just hate having to redo everything again.

the only cord that works in the av output is the one that came with the microhd. that is my understanding. if you can borrow a tv with hdmi input, hook it up and set the micro to 480i input. that may have gotten accidently changed. if you have the manual, the steady green light says the microhd is working normally. then go to setup by hitting the menu key after giving the micro time to stabilize. hit the down key three times. hit right one time. hit down 1 time. that should highlight 'factory reset'. hit ok. then hit left one time then ok. then power the microhd down and then power up. you should be at 480i video resolution. hope this helps. charlie

HEY CHARLIE, Thank you for taking the time to walk me thru the key by key plays! I may end up giving this a try. My tv never had HDMI so i purchased a 3.5 mm composit to 3 RCA . It worked fine with that, now it will only work with the HDMI. never tried that untill today. So... yes it works with both outputs from the factory, only for me the one is not now working.

Why not backup user settings to a flash drive...then no starting over. :) Unless the firmware in there now is one of the first runs, then I would not do that.

Why not backup user settings to a flash drive...then no starting over. :) Unless the firmware in there now is one of the first runs, then I would not do that.

I am planning on doing just that. The firmware is most recent, Thank you much, that would save a lot of headaches! From what I understand the composit output is not controled by the firmware, and that redoing it would to be to no effect. If anyone knows diffrent let me know. At this point I am leaning towards sending it for warranty repairs.

This happened to me when I hooked up the microHD to my SlingBox . Couldn't figure it out until the dumbest thing. The pin plug wasn't inserted all the way into the microHD. And I checked it twice before, I swear. I hate it when I do that to myself. LOL

I am going to go back to the LONG MINI plug explanation. I am on my second cable. The first one (in less than a week) "broke" in the long mini plug. The fix was to get a NEW one, (from my second box) and now it works. I have not opened my box, but since my second cable is now showing signs of the same thing, I probably will open the box and see if I CAN make it work wit 3 RCA cables.

Status
Please reply by conversation.