Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Last edited:
I was going to nominate it and he beat me too it. But I voted for it.;)

DISH and Directv is always coming out every year with something a little better or newer, just like FTA. However, it has been awhile since the market has seen a New FTA Rig that just WOW's the market. That is why I think that the microHD should win. Very good work Brian!! You have my vote and and award! Even though I know the Hopper will get it, because most of the people on this site do not do FTA.

Maybe it should just be a Free to Air Best Product of the Year, don't we need our own category? Just an idea...

I'm here to say that I'm really enjoying mine. I would definitely recommend one to anyone wanting to get started in FTA.

Thank you EuroSport for nominating the GEOSATpro microHD receiver for the SatelliteGuys - Best of 2012 Award!

Great to see a FTA product in the running! We are honored that so many of you are voting for the microHD and that only the DN Hopper is leading... :D

Vote early and vote often! LOL!!!
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/298195-VOTE-NOW!-SatelliteGuys-Best-of-2012-Award!

You're welcome Brian! The MicroHD is the coolest thing I've seen in a while for FTA. :) I haven't had the extra $$ just yet to purchase one, but it's definitely on my Christmas list! :)

Hopper? Bah.... It only records the major networks. Big whoop......
There is NOTHING on the major networks that I ever, ever watch..
Plus the forced 1am shutdown? 1am is the middle of my day!

Hopper? No way! No thanks!

MicroHD covers everything I need!

Not taking up for the hopper but you can choose when it downloads. It don't have to be 1am.

Darn It.

It will only let me vote once for the micro.

The microHD is now solidly in 2nd place and steadily catching up towards #1!

If you haven't voted yet and believe that the microHD deserves to be the SatelliteGuys Product of the Year, please take a minute right now to support the microHd.

Last edited:
I really like the Dish Hopper my family has where I found the MicroHD just another version of a ALI chipset receiver. Too bad the Dish vote is spread over 4 categories where Direct and Micro are not.

I found the MicroHD just another version of a ALI chipset receiver.

The Hopper is cool with TS recording and ad skip.. Love how it is challenging the status quo, but with a subscription cost.

When you find a better implementation of an ALI chipset for the hobbyist, let us know! :D Developed features just don't fall off of a magic tree in pixieland...

Last edited:
C'mon FTA'ers.... I know we can get enough votes to put the MicroHD in the lead, & kick the "Hoppah" to the CURB! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.