MicroHD receiver channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ECruzBUD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
SEATTLE, WA.
Hi,
:)
Got the MicroHD sat receiver going on my C-band system, by slaving the MicroHD.

But I do have a small problem that maybe it's simple to solve???

On Galaxy 16, I cannot find KCWY 13 Casper Wyomy NBC channel.
Do you know what transponder is KCWY 13 is on???
I'm seeing "GDXM" and number, channels. And seeing lots of occasional
feeds on this satellite, as well.
There's no way I can identify KCWY 13 Casper, Wyomy channel.

Also, on that same satellite, I'm looking for WABC-7 New York.
What transponder is that on???

How do I know these channels??? I had Pansat 9200HD with it's 8SPX device
installed to receive DVB-S2 channels, and that is where I found these 2 channels
on Galaxy 16.

Maybe I need to re-scan??? Maybe I didn't get them all???

I got ABC's feed channels, as well.

Anyone knows???

Thanks.

:( :cool:

go to lyngsat.com and if they don't show up in the transponder list you would have to type them in manually like i did thats how you get them to come in.

Dan Rose

Wyoming NBC is 3776 H 3256
WABC 7 is in the Puerto Rico mux (3845 H 15030)

If you are slaving the Micro make sure to flip the polarity on the 4DTV you're using (I assume you are using that) as GDMX is vertical polarity

I'm slaving the MicroHD receiver with the GI 650 analog C/Ku band receiver.
NOT a 4DTV receiver...
With splitters for C band cable and Ku band cable. And then with the DiSEQC switch.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Multi-LNBF/BUD-Slave-KIT-II.htm

YES, I saw KCWY 13 listed on Lyngsat, but I still couldn't get it.
Is it becauee when I blind scan I chose "All Channels"???
Maybe should I re-blind scan as "FTA", instead???
Let me know.

Oh, YES, I forgot, that WABC is shown by Puerto Rico!!!

Thanks.

I'm slaving the MicroHD receiver with the GI 650 analog C/Ku band receiver.
NOT a 4DTV receiver...
With splitters for C band cable and Ku band cable. And then with the DiSEQC switch.
oh when you said slaving I guess I'm use to a 4DTV there...not an analog dish mover ;)

Is it becauee when I blind scan I chose "All Channels"???
Maybe should I re-blind scan as "FTA", instead???
Let me know.
all channels should find it. But I'd manually enter the transponder info. I know sometimes that can be tricky to get in

Oh, YES, I forgot, that WABC is shown by Puerto Rico!!!
yup. with different commercials usually

Uhm, how do I do that??? Would I enter the transponder number, like 3776 H 3256???
See, in the "scan mode" option, I chose either "Preprogram TPs" or "Blind scan details".
Where and how do I do the manual part that's get tricky???

Thanks.

Both transponders are already in the preinstalled list. These two channels will scan in on both our test bench systems and even on my 1.2m mini-BUD during a transponder scan, satellite scan and blind scan. You may select scan type of either FTA OR ALL. Unfortunately these channels are not named by the broadcasters. The PR/VI channels scan in as Unnamed and the Wyoming channel scans as Channel 1.

Are the LESEA channels coming in?

Back to iceberg's question. Are you remembering to change the polarity on your master receiver between Horizontal and Vertical?

Last edited:
Hey!!! Problem Solved!!! I think I solved the problem!!!! I just didn't remember it, before!!
If you like, call me "Dummy" or "Sucker" : - ))))
I found KCWY 13!!! How??? I just remembered from the time I had Pansat 9200HD.
READ MY MESSAGE : - )))

You're slaving the FTA receiver with the analog C/Ku band receiver by using splitters
and with a DiSEQC switch. I found out that there's a difference on why not getting all
the channels.. It's because it's depends on what's your analog receiver transponder is!!!

On Galaxy 16, my analog C/Ku band receiver was set on transpnder 16/V, C-band.
And with the FTA receiver, I'm able to get ABC East and West feeds.
But NOT able to get KCWY 13.

So, I remember from the last time with Pansat 9200HD, my analog C/Ku band
receiver was on transponder 17/H, C-band. And this is where KCWY 13 is found.
Even more, Puero Rico channel that shows WABC-7 N.Y. AND NBC-4 N.Y.

So, if I want to watch ABC feeds, I have to change the transponder on my analog
receiver to 16/V, C-band. And if I want to see the other channels, KCWY 13 or
NBC-4, I would have to change transponer on the analog receiver to 17/H, C-band.

Got it???? I figured that out myself.

Oh, by the way, for those who read this part of the thread, when you change the transponder
on the analog receiver, you're gonna have to re-scan your FTA satellite, also. Because it has
never scan for the true V or H from the analog receiver when you're slaving the FTA receiver.

Got that solved!!!!

But one more thing for help... When I found the KCWY 13, it's already been entiled on
it's transponder or channel on the MicroHD receiver. But for the Puero Rico that shows
ABC 7 N.Y. it's entitled "No Name". So, I am wondering can any of you help me how to
"RE-NAME" from "No Name" to "ABC-7 N.Y."??? I went to "Channel list", and it has the
"Edit" option in both Blue and Green. But I don't see how to re-name the channel.

Can you help me with this??? Do you have a screen shot that would show how to
re-name the channel???

Thank you.

Just did it, it works!!! Many thanks!! I'll let you know if I have any problems,
I'll be sure to post a thread on a different catagory in the forum.
In the meantime, thanks!!!

Have a good weekend, everybody!! :- )))

Eugene

This is why we were asking you how you are controlling the polarity of the feedhorn. The analog receiver is rotating the probe inside of the feedhorn to select the polarity. The microHD cannot control the mechanical polarizer on the feedhorn.

Why not upgrade your feedhorn/LNB to a LNBF? The microHD would then be able to switch polarities and the analog receiver would move between satellites. Replace the analog receiver with a G or V-Box controller and the microHD could also instruct the dish positioner. For about $100 - $125 you could have automatic dish positioning and polarity control and forget about the headaches of the analog receiver.

To scan with your current set-up, place your analog receiver on a vertical transponder then blind scan with the microHD with only the vertical polarity selected. Switch the analog receiver to a horizontal channel then only scan the horizontal polarity.

If you scan all polarity there will be duplicate channels on the horizontal and vertical polarities. Confusing!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)