GEOSATpro microhd won't move dish in diseqc1.2 again.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
vbox <> ecoda switch 22k on to dg380 to 1.2 k band, switch 22k off to 6' and positioner.

this is almost the same problem I had before Christmas when I got my new microhd. with the userdb setting saved I can load it after the factory reset and move the dish except for 87w and 89w. in antenna setup I move to 91w, the positioner moves to selection 15, the setting saved on that satellite, I can move the selection to 89w, and nothing happens. I can move the positioner with it's controller to the proper satellite position and try to save that position on the vbox but nothing happens. the microhd thinks it is moving the dish but nothing happens with the vbox. if I switch the microhd to 83w, the vbox and dish moves to that satellite. that is selection 12 on the microhd. I have set the microhd to selection 13 on 87w but the vbox don't see the signal when I save it on the microhd but the microhd remembers that it is saved.

last time I had the problem, Eugene said to do a factory reset and see if that made any changes. before I could move the dish last time but this time I can't move the dish until I load the old userdb file that I saved before the factory reset. hope I got all this straight. the dish moves ok for usals on the 1.2 ok. I don't know if the ecoda switch is now having problems but I do have another microhd to try out. it is on my main 8' dish.

i will do the tests someone recommended last time i had problems. however, today is a busy day and will do the tests tomorrow. charlie

sheesh. loaded old userdb and now it is working correctly. It must be the connection between the microhd and the vbqx. a cable about 20' in length. other than that my mind is gone nuts and that might be a possibility. I can live with that... charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts