Microsoft rumored to be part of Dell buyout, may chip in 1-3 billion dollars

Dell will be finished if Microsoft has any influence.

Dell will be fine and Microsoft would only help them at this point Dell got them selfs in this mess I know at one time Dell was thinking about going private.

Very interesting and I believe Microsft could do nothing but help Dell and make them better imo :)

Dell is one of MS's biggest customers; of course they had to help! :)

Dell not the only one there is plenty of others Dell got themselves in this mess they need to trim down some of their product line just like some others need to. At the end of the day Management makes or breaks you some companies have better people running things than other. Some just flat out have people in positions making really stupid decisions that cost the companies allot of money in the end. I don't think this is the case with Dell now Sprint on the other hand a good example of making some stupid decisions on spending to much money for one device that they over paid for and probably will never see a return on as much as they spent.

Dell will be finished if Microsoft has any influence.
I'm betting that Microsoft is looking primarily for Dell's storage technologies.

As Dell is now going private, it will be interesting to see whether or not they part it out.

edit: removed inappropriate reference to DEC as they were purchased by Compaq, not Dell.

Will the old Perot Systems be part of the Dell or are they being spun off somehow.

I suspect everything will go into the new Dell, but then after the buyout is complete, they will probably start to sell parts off to pay back down the debt.

They wanted to become a services company. It seemed like a good idea at the time but the two nevr really meshed well.

They wanted to become a services company. It seemed like a good idea at the time but the two nevr really meshed well.

I take that back; I know exactly why Dell went after Perot Systems. HP had bought out EDS (another Perot founded company) and Dell wanted Perot Systems to compete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)