Microsoft sues Motorola (for Android)

This is interesting...
HTC acquires S3 Graphics and its prodigious patent portfolio, dares you to sue -- Engadget

HTC is sort-of the opposite of Samsung while being close on the heels in the mobile space.
Where Samsung picks fights, HTC avoids them (they were the first to settle with Microsoft to use Android!).
And having blockbuster years one after another (it all started with Nexus One!) makes them obey the rules of the big boys.
And today in the mobile space that means patent acquisition. Everyone (but Google) is nuts about it...

This latest buy might help HTC in their fight with Apple...

Diogen.

One of the Apple patents HTC allegedly violated looks like this
HTC 'dismayed' by Apple's bizarre patent allegations ? The Register

portable_computer.jpg

I'm not surprised that even lead counsel have to be replaced to peddle sh!t like that...

Diogen.

Oracle's desire to join Microsoft in getting paid for every Android phone released - this
time from Android creator, Google - might end up being harder than it initially looked.

First, they pi$$ed off the judge by requesting damages in the billions
Google and oracle want the moon on a stick- The Inquirer

Now, it turns out Sun CEO was one of the biggest cheerleaders of the Google smartphone OS at the time Android was released
Groklaw - Oracle v. Google - My Precious

It's hard to sell the idea that something was stolen when the owner is cheering it.
And here is the icing on the cake: Oracle removed Schwartz's blog post when they filed the lawsuit against Google...:)

Diogen.

This could be the first sign Moto is caving to MS lawsuit started almost a year ago and the reason this thread was started.
Motorola interested in Windows Phone 7

If there will be a survivor with significant market share among the the three also-runs - MS, RIM and HP - it will most likely be Microsoft, I believe...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)