Middle GA Voomer?

Tokebuddude said:
I live in the middle Ga area.. anyone here have any OTA mapping problems?

could you be more specific... I have an integrated tuner with a very old but good amplified antenna with a rotor and get all (known) Atlanta channels (excellent after dark and fair in daytime) and some of the Columbus channels occasionally (I think they're at low power)... been vooming since october and I have my voom supplied antenna pointed at the Macon towers... got the new software download over night, but every thing on is already mapped... if you want to know which channels are dtv in Macon, they are anolog 13 is 4.1 HD and 4.2 SD and it's mapped by voom as 13.1 and 13.2... analog 24 is supposed to be 16.1 HD, but was never mapped by voom and was only on for a week or so and disappeared, I guess they're having problems, when they were on they were SD only... analog 41 is 40.1 HD and they have just gotten their HD, they have been on over a year and have been SD all along and they are mapped by voom as 41.1... and analog 58 is 32.1 HD and mapped by voom as 58.1... hope this helps...

thatnks..

Actually I didn't know enough to be specific when I wrote that.. I've done some reading though and I think I've figured out my problem,Voom is sending me a new violet antenna.. I was just thinking that we should have more locals,..I'm also pointed at the Macon tower.. there are some channels that are gonna be up later this year.. and thank you..you did help me.. :D I'm also getting some weird pixelation when things get kinda fast...I was watching CSI and they were on a rollercoaster and it went all digital on me. Do you know if that a problem with resolution? or do u get it too on locals? And is that antenna on a rotor worth it? Should I look into one?

Tokebuddude said:
I'm also getting some weird pixelation when things get kinda fast...I was watching CSI and they were on a rollercoaster and it went all digital on me. Do you know if that a problem with resolution?
I don't know, but it could be... It could also be that WMAZ is still at low power (I think)... It could also be rain fade... also in these threads you can find discussion and/or debate on 1080i opposed to 720p, the argument being 720p is better for motion (personally I have no problem with my 1080i and college football)... I hardly ever watch WMAZ, although I appreciate the Doplar Radar on their SD channel (currently being fed Democratic Convention Garbage), but that will change when CBS's S.E.C. football starts up...

Tokebuddude said:
or do u get it too on locals?
No... The only show I watched locally (that I can think of) was Kingdom Hospital, which I think was a mini series and is now over... I watch Atlanta locals more often with the Braves in HD on WTBS (so far the Braves are the only HD programming they've shown) and a couple of WB HD programs on WATL and Interprize in HD on WUPA...

Tokebuddude said:
And is that antenna on a rotor worth it? Should I look into one?
Well, for me it is, but I've had my antenna for about 26 years, and my expense so far to revive it was a new amplifier as well as a new rotor (with remote control)...go to this website and see what they suggest antennaweb.org... you need to consider line of site, such as tall trees, buildings or other tall structures between you and whereever you choose to get your signal... maybe first you should try a rotor with your voom supplied antenna, if you desire other cities and see how well it works, but if Macon (local) is good enough alone, then all should be well until the PBS station in Cochran goes digital, then you'll probably need a rotor or a different type of antenna, such as an omni directional 8 bay bowtie, which should work OK locally or one of those expensive deep fringe area antennas (like I have) that you would definitely want a rotor for to get the most out of it... luck to you...

Tokebuddude

Tokebuddude said:
I live in the middle Ga area.. anyone here have any OTA mapping problems?
WGXA is back on the air... RF channel 16... You should be able to capture it... I'm getting a 96 on the signal... It is not HD, only SD... hopefully that will change before FOX's football starts, as well as the new programming season...