Midwest (Ohio) Hispasat?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim "Spot" Beam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Southern Ohio
Of all the sats up there, that I want, I would like to see this one.

Anyone in Southwestern Ohio getting this one?

Looks like it carries some pretty neat stuff. Would also let me work on my spanish while getting my FTA and Movie fix.

With a win/win/win situation like that how can I resist, (unless my neighbor won't let me chainsaw a suspected sat blocker.

Winter is just beginning, maybe we'll get a good tree clearing ice storm. Soon!

I could get it here in MN too but have limitations (the back brace arm of the mast hits the dish)

Hispasat is an excellent satellite with many FTA Spanish channels. We receive it fine in Columbus, OH with a 31" dish on an HH Motor.

Attachments

• HH90.jpg
    HH90.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:
Please use the "attachment" feature when posting pictures, for those of us on dialup it is a lifesaver :D
Thank You

The antenna site should be surveyed in advance, with the possibility of setting up a dedicated fixed offset antenna (no motor) aimed strictly at Hispasat. Should your neighbor's tree be an impossible barrier to remove, you might still be able to rig an installation off your rooftop, or on a mast above it, and have a possibility of getting it done, as long as you don't have to fight with aligning and securing a motorized system. A single antenna in the 30 inch size with LNBF is actually quite inexpensive, and if you want to set up a motorized antenna in a more accessable location for the "normal" part of the North America satellite arc, this might be a compromise to consider.
One other thing....I have noticed several receivers having problems with the signals from Cuba, on 11884-V. My Pansat 2700 would not stay locked on that frequency on a continuous basis (no problem with anything else on the entire satellite). (Nothing bad with the Pansat, or other receivers, but I offer an alternative here, based upon field experience in the past few weeks).
Tom Taylor and I have had great luck with the inexpensive Trimax T-100, which while a simple receiver, has amazing abilities when dealing with weak signals and keeping them locked in. It passes that test when many other receivers at twice the price have problems. So if you are looking for everything in Spanish (non-subscription) on that satellite, consider the Trimax T-100.

Good luck!

Stationary Secondary

I was about to do just that. A while back I got Sadoun's pci card package w/ 90 cm (for just a little more).

I figure it is a site issue for just that sat. All others peaked pretty well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)