Might come back to satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have seen it posted many times that Dish uses 1440 and Direct uses 1920, but I have never seen a definitive post anywhere reliable that says that. Even if it is true, those posts are not very recent. Things change frequently enough with Dish and Direct that it may not be true anymore.
You're right, no one has posted any recent readings of the resolution that I've seen. I will say this though, presuming those numbers are still accurate, I don't think Dish will ever go back to "full" resolution now that they've done okay with 1440x1080.

The other factor you point out, bitrate, is definitely a major one too. That is where all of the providers are going to concentrate their tweaking on.

I guess you've missed it because Scott has mentioned a few times that the code need to be removed from the signatures.

Yes indeed. and if you signature does have a code in it changes are DISH already voided it so you won't get rewarded if someone claims it anyways. :(

I will change it next time I'm on a computer... I expected it to be voided tbh. If I issue codes to someone I have a new one generated and give that to them. Not sure how long that will be though Scott.

I just got my email confirmation a bit ago. I noticed one odd thing. It shows all the freebies that a new/returning customer gets, but it is missing Starz from the free 3-months of premiums. Is Starz no longer included in the sign up deal?
It isn't a huge thing as Starz is my least watched Premium, sometimes I go a couple months without watching anything on it, but still...

Hmm... I just remembered the way things work with the old Blockbuster package, wonder if that stays the same?

To my knowledge, Starz was an either/or option at some point. Don't recall it always being a sign on "Given". If you are asking if Starz on demand is still part of BB, yes.

I just got my email confirmation a bit ago. I noticed one odd thing. It shows all the freebies that a new/returning customer gets, but it is missing Starz from the free 3-months of premiums. Is Starz no longer included in the sign up deal?
It isn't a huge thing as Starz is my least watched Premium, sometimes I go a couple months without watching anything on it, but still...

Hmm... I just remembered the way things work with the old Blockbuster package, wonder if that stays the same?

Starz is not currently a part of the 'Free for 3 Months Premiums' new customer offer. I think it's indicative of a contract renewal coming up. They did the same thing with Showtime several months ago when it wasn't part of the new customer offer just before the CBS contract renewal.

As I'm waiting for the installer to show up, between using the SP3 and watching a bit of TV, I've noticed channel freezes from Mediacom. Not long, and get a message saying they've lost the signal on the 4 channels I've been switching between. Clear skies, bright sunshine and yet... Of course one of cable's big pitches is talking about how the sat services lose signal with weather issues.

Me I figure the problem is exactly what the tech said they needed to replace, and that is the node. Kinda funny.

BTW, killed off timers for the programs from the big 4 broadcast stations and the total number dropped about 25%. To be fair, some of those programs aren't on these days, but still it will be nice to replace that slew of timers with one! :)

Starz is not currently a part of the 'Free for 3 Months Premiums' new customer offer. I think it's indicative of a contract renewal coming up. They did the same thing with Showtime several months ago when it wasn't part of the new customer offer just before the CBS contract renewal.
The Starz and Encore logos are also missing from the Premium Channel Marketplace (channel 298). Dish did the same thing to HBO and Cinemax before their last contract renewal.

Reactions: JSheridan
When I signed up I figured that since the T250 was the same price as the T200 and made my single HWS install cost me about $51/month for the 1st 3 months, I'd just get that since my minimum acceptable is T200. Got Encore in that.
And then since Dish Movies includes a Starz channel free for 3 months, that opens up the Starz VOD. Pretty much a wash whether you actually get the Starz package or not imo.

In 3 months I'll see what Premiums/dish movie packages will cost as I select 'cancel'. In the past, BB@Home was almost always offered for 1/2 price for 6 months ad nauseum, and the other Premiums usually had something similar off and on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)