Please reply by conversation.

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
Hello,

I'm thinking of making the switch. I would like to have 1 HD-DVR and 2 SD-DVRs. When i go to D*'s website, I'm quoted a $297 startup cost for the boxes. If I were to call D*, would they offer me the same setup for less money (does anyone have experience doing this?), or is $297 the lowest they'll go?

TYIA!!

Hello,

I'm thinking of making the switch. I would like to have 1 HD-DVR and 2 SD-DVRs. When i go to D*'s website, I'm quoted a $297 startup cost for the boxes. If I were to call D*, would they offer me the same setup for less money (does anyone have experience doing this?), or is $297 the lowest they'll go?

TYIA!!
I suspect that the $297 is the best that you will get from the general public phone line. I know that you can get 2 HD-DVR's for $99/EA when using the AAA discount program. Further, I have heard that someone was able to get one HD-DVR and one SD-DVR for $99 total. You will have a tough time getting a discount on the third receiver. If you are interested in the AAA program, you should check out the following thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...-additional-240-off-new-directv-customer.html

PM me if you have any questions.....

They might offer you a better deal if you call them. Also if you want $50 you could get a referral from one of the staff members. Just go to the sticky up at the top of the forum and click on one.

The often give the SD-dvr free to existing customers, you may have some leverage with calling again. It souds like they're giving you the hd-dvr for $99 and the sd ones at full price.

You could probally do better.

With all the other discounts going on right now, however, $13 off a month, AAA $240, referral $50, free premiums for a while, it is hard to say if they'll be as aggressive on hardware.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts