Migrating from 129 to 61.5

spaceghost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
I have a friend who is currently with Dish and the trees have grown into his 129. We tried to relocate it, but the signals are very low. He has a Dish1000. Instead of going to a Dish 1000.2, We would like to set him up on the 61.5.

I am very familiar with the DirecTV product, but I know very little about Dishes equipment. Can we do away with the 129 and setup a wing dish with the 61.5? Does this require any changes on the receiver? Im assuming I simply jump from the 61.5 to the 110/119 as the 129 does and I can use a standard dish 500. We are located in Western NC.

Am I missing anything before I jump into this task?

Thanks

i don't know what the settngs are for your region for the 61.5 (too tired to research),but you are able to tie in another dish 500 kit w/ a DP dual or single into port 3 of the 1000.make sure you have dpp twin on the 1000 and then do a checkswitch.again, i don't know what you'd lose as far as HD locals in your area go........

Last edited:
just point a wing dish at 61.5

I have a friend who is currently with Dish and the trees have grown into his 129. We tried to relocate it, but the signals are very low. He has a Dish1000. Instead of going to a Dish 1000.2, We would like to set him up on the 61.5.

I am very familiar with the DirecTV product, but I know very little about Dishes equipment. Can we do away with the 129 and setup a wing dish with the 61.5? Does this require any changes on the receiver? Im assuming I simply jump from the 61.5 to the 110/119 as the 129 does and I can use a standard dish 500. We are located in Western NC.

Am I missing anything before I jump into this task?

Thanks

If he has a 129 wing dish repoint it at 61.5 and run chk switch and it's done. It will add 61.5 and all the national HD will then be off 61.5. If he had LIL on 129 it will most likely lose them.

Thanks! I assumed this is all I needed to do, but I wasn't sure if there was any steps. Im not sure about the LiL's though, but at this point, I think they will be happy to have any HD back consistently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)