Miguel Cotto vs. Austin Trout (Showtime Boxing) Saturday, 1 Dec 2012 (9:00 PM ET)

I thought Trout won a close decision, but the judge's scorecards said he won convincingly : 117-111, 117-111 and 119-109. I saw Trout having a 3-round advantage. Six was a stretch, but okay...but 10?

Last edited:
All you have to do is look at their faces ... ;)

True, but Cotto has one of those faces that turns red and puffy every time he's hit. Trout just did a better job taking the action to Cotto, counter-punching, and avoiding the big punches. Okay, as far as the announcers "Unofficial Scoring" goes: Al Bernstein 115-113 (not bad), Steve Farhood 117-111 (okay) and Paulie Malignaggi 114-114 (knucklehead - not sure what fight he was watching)

It was closer than the judges, but no way this ... Paulie Malignaggi 114-114;) blind, MSG koolaid drinker I guess.

Did you hear that talking a@@bag Paulie Malignaggi criticize the judge who scored the fight 119-109 by saying, Judges like that should stay home." All I can say is whomever unofficially scored the fight 114-114 should not comment on boxing. ;)

Did you hear that talking a@@bag Paulie Malignaggi criticize the judge who scored the fight 119-109 by saying, Judges like that should stay home." All I can say is whomever unofficially scored the fight 114-114 should not comment on boxing. ;)

That is why boxing is in bad shape today and will be until they get crooks like king and others out of it :)

Cotto seems to be a sore loser though. The interviewer was trying to ask him questions and Cotto just kept walking away. Yes he lost twice in a row now but his record is still good and I'm sure there are fighters out there who still want to fight him and I don't think there isn't much of a reason for him to quit boxing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)