Milwaukee Local HD! Missing channels...

2extreme

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
HD Locals are on in Milwaukee, WI!!!

ABC - WISN Channel 12
NBC - WTMJ Channel 4
FOX - WITI Channel 6

Only those 3??? They are missing at least 6 locals that are in HD over the air. CBS - WDJT Channel 58, is a HUGE one they are missing!!!! Also missing are PBS - WMVS Channel 10, CW - WVTV Channel 18, UPN - WCGV Channel 24, PBS - WMVT Channel 36, and WMLW Channel 41.

Why are all these channels missing?!?! I am finally happy to see Local HD's but come on dish, why do it half assed???

Usually all Extra channels are not all added so if your getting 3 or 4 of the big networks then you are lucky already.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I'm not really that upset as I don't watch those other channels very often at all, but it is disappointing that CBS 58 is not in HD. I don't understand what their beef would be to "retransmit it" as they already have it in SD...That does not make sense.

Thanks again! Hopefully we get CBS soon and maybe more!

I just jumped ship and went to "D". Having to add a second dish just to get the HD locals was the last straw for me. That and the fact that "E" just doesn't seem to care about adding any national HD channels.

I think CBS in Milwaukee is owned by Weigel Communications. Besides the CBS channel in Milwaukee, I believe they also own another station in Milwaukee and two independents in Chicago they want carried in HD as well. I remember back when the SD stations were being added by DirecTV that these channels held up retransmissions until they were all available. I would expect the same problems now.

Tried to jump ship but didn't

I ordered "D" on the 9th and canceled the order today. They were supposed to be here this morning to do an installation. I got a call about 9:00 am from the installer that he had no HD equipment and only had the 2 standard boxes that I was going to use on TV's in my bedrooms. I told him that was not acceptable and no install would be done until he had all the equipment that he needed. He suggested that I call Directv and reschedule. I called them told them about my problem with the installation, and how I wasted time off from work for something that wasn't going to happen. They checked with the distributor for the equipment (put me on a 3 way call). They told me that the truck didn't arrive in time and that the HD equipment was in short supply. I asked them if they rescheduled if they could guarantee that the installer would have the equipment then. I was told NO. I told the Directv rep that was the reason that I dropped them 3 years ago. I always had problems with their installers. I canceled the order and told them that I probably would not consider ever using then again because of this problem and the problems that I had in the past. So I guess I will just stick with "E".

I ordered "D" on the 9th and canceled the order today. They were supposed to be here this morning to do an installation. I got a call about 9:00 am from the installer that he had no HD equipment and only had the 2 standard boxes that I was going to use on TV's in my bedrooms. I told him that was not acceptable and no install would be done until he had all the equipment that he needed. He suggested that I call Directv and reschedule. I called them told them about my problem with the installation, and how I wasted time off from work for something that wasn't going to happen. They checked with the distributor for the equipment (put me on a 3 way call). They told me that the truck didn't arrive in time and that the HD equipment was in short supply. I asked them if they rescheduled if they could guarantee that the installer would have the equipment then. I was told NO. I told the Directv rep that was the reason that I dropped them 3 years ago. I always had problems with their installers. I canceled the order and told them that I probably would not consider ever using then again because of this problem and the problems that I had in the past. So I guess I will just stick with "E".

Good story but what did this have to do with my thread and question?

See my post after yours...

ya I understand that...but I have 3 of those "4"...

YOu should go to MilwaukeeHDTV Forums. Good site with all of the local Milwaukee info.

MilwaukeeHDTV.org Forums - Powered by vBulletin

This has been talked about there for a very long time. Weigel has a history of tough negotiations with both D* & E*. As was previously stated inthis thread, E* is pretty much only putting up the big 4 HD locals. Even WGN in Chicago is not on E* in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)