Milwaukee locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ktk3438

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Anyone in the Milwaukee area having issues with Local ABC HD?

ABC SD Local is fine, but twice now I've have trouble with the Channel 12 HD. First time the sound was distorted, second time (last night) the sound was gone completely for about an hour.

D* says it cannot do anything since it is a local, but it is being picked up by their satellite, I do not use an OTA.

So basically does anyone have an OTA in the Milwaukee area, and experiencing any audio trouble on ABC HD?

If so, I will at least know if the trouble is not D*.

A Dish rep says what D* told me was crap, and that it IS their probelm. But I dont know if Dish is just bashing D*.

I have been having the same problems and the rep I talked to (got bump from the first line to a tech and then got escalated to another tech) told me basically the same thing. Something with the rebroadcast of the local signal is causing the audio distortion (I described it as listening to the Louis Gosset character from the movie Enemy Mine talking). The sounds were in adddition to the normal audio signal and only happen when there was sounds (either vocal or music) on the station.

Last night during the NBC game I had it occasionally (unlike the ABC station where it was constant) so I don't know if it is a local issue.

nieskese said:
(I described it as listening to the Louis Gosset character from the movie Enemy Mine talking). .

HA HA!!

That's EXACTLY what the sound was like when I had my first experience!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)