mind baffeling service call

spydrplus

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
I just wanted to post this to see if anyone has run across, or even heard of it in the past. This is truely the weirdest thing I have seen in a long time

I went on a trouble call today and found that the problem with the system is sound loss and a very noticeable popping sound coming from TV2 of a 622. I went to hook up another 622, but when I unplugged tv2 from the receiver the tv was still popping. I unplugged everything from the tv and plugged it into another wall socket in a different room just to see if it's the electric in the house...which it was not. The guy had the problem for a while and has changed out his tv 3 times with the same problem every time. I changed the output channel from 60 to 21 and it solved the problem, perfectly clear sound...then about 4 hours later my office gets a call that the problem has returned on channel 21 now. Has anyone heard of this before? I am completely stumped.

i'd run an extension cord for a little while and plug it in on a different circuit. Leave it like that for a day or 2 and see if the problem returns. In my experience, wierd problems like that almost always end up being some kind of power problem. Either a ground loop problem, or a brown out problem, or something of that nature. Just an idea

If you unhook the cable from the reciever and it still does it, and you have tried multiple tv's with same problem, i'd say thats your only other choice. Or, any high powered lights, ac units, ect right next to the tv that could be causing interference?

i ran into a similar problem
if the house is pre-wired smiple advice run ur own new line for tv 2
in my case it got fixed since there was avery high uhf amp in the line and i guess it was faulty cuz there was current on tv 2's side and i know that with my little tester i call my tounge
one other time my co worker had a bad 625 the tv2 modulator was bad
u can test that by swapping tv2 with tv1 while keepin receiver in same room but just plug in tv2;s connection in channel 3 and test it that way!!
good luck!

One of my 622s did this when it was new. After a couple of weeks and about the fourth or fifth power cycle, it corrected itself and has been fine ever since.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)