MINI-BUD FLAME OUT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeinBaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
San Diego area (CA)
Most of us happily report our successes - I'll report much less than that.

Have been messing with an old DW dish that is a smoking performer for me on KU. Tried to adapt a DMX741U combo KU/C - thought about the adaptive/ghetto mount for a few weeks. Even used a laser pointer on the rig. Computed the F/D - set everything very close and went to work.

Mounted the 'ol DW with the "stock" arm & LNB and nailed 99W tight right off the bat. Took off the stock arm & bolted up the ghetto DMX rig (using a stock DW arm I modified) - NADA - not even a sniff of KU let alone any C.

Messed with it for about 3 hours and never got a sniff of squat on either band.

Know the dish is smack on, but starting to scratch my backside over this one.

Q - since the "throat" of the DMX is really deep, where on the LNB do you measure the FD? Leading edge or "guts"?

Gotta be off on the FD, I'm laser pointing the same area of the dish with both rigs.

Tried the DMX741 with WSI conical Scalar on similar dish and got nothing either band.

Switched to BSC-421 with conical Scalar and got some stuff.

Replaced Conical Scalar with Walrus1957 version of Cones Scalar and got G16 at 68% G23 at 66% and G3C at 66% on Coolsat 6000.

On prime focus dish the DMX741 worked as well as BSC-421 on C band but was not satisfied with KU.

Focal Distance was at the front cover of the LNBF's in both cases.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)