Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottc98

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Columbus, OH
All,

I know from past reading that most success with C-band on 120cm dishes has been on analog channels and limited digital channels. I have a friend who is interested in the ZEE TV channels off this site. I originally told him that he needed a 6 foot + dish for this, but that I'd ask around.

If it is possible, then I have him convinced to buy a 1.2m dish (which is great for me since I can save a lot in shipping when I order mine :) ) .

So....has anyone had any success? Would those with motorized mini-buds with view of this sat mind doing a scan and listing what channels came in?

Thanks!

You''re going to discover the joys of 2-1/2 degree spacing with PanAmSat 9 right next door at 58 West. Some frequencies on 55.5 may work just fine, but it could be physically impossible on others that have close neighbors on PAS-9. I thought that a 5 foot prime focus offset dish was a good idea for a similar situation, and upon actually testing it found that a number of channels had unacceptable interference from the next satellite that could not be resolved. Consider the multipanel Fortec antennas (6 and 8 feet in diameter), which will save you a lot of money in shipping, and provide much better isolation in cases like this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts