Mini Genie question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oscarg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
I decided to upgrade my HR24 DVR to a Genie and was told I could also receive a mini Genie to place one of my other HD receivers (non DVR). The 2 units should be arriving in a couple of days. I did some searches and noticed that the mini Genie does not have a yellow video component output. Can anyone confirm? The reason I ask is that I utilize a language filter device that has to have this in order to read closed captioning. If the mini Genie indeed does not have it, I will probably stick with what I have and send the mini back. The language filter works on all of the current receivers I have and should on the Genie from everything I can see. Thanks for all the info on this site. I find it useful almost daily.

forget the mini anyway
keep the hr24 and put the genie hd receiver is

There is only hdmi, coax audio, usb, and what looks like s-video but is labeled "a/v". (also, yellow is composite. Component is red blue green.)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So are you guys suggesting instead of swapping the HR24 for the Genie, swap the Genie for one of my HR25's (non DVR), so I would send back the mini and an HR25? If I do that, I'll get hit with 2 DVR fees on the monthly bill correct? And yes, the old school yellow composite cable is what I was referring to.

So are you guys suggesting instead of swapping the HR24 for the Genie, swap the Genie for one of my HR25's (non DVR), so I would send back the mini and an HR25? If I do that, I'll get hit with 2 DVR fees on the monthly bill correct? And yes, the old school yellow composite cable is what I was referring to.

no, only 1 dvr fee regardless of number of dvrs
I swapped an h24 (h units are non dvr, hr units are dvr) for a genie with no change in monthly cost

Just so I don't get questions as to why I'm trying to use an HD receiver with the old school yellow video...I won't be using the yellow cable to pass through video to the TV. The language filter only uses it to read captioning so the filter will work (yellow cable from receiver to filter and that's where it stops). The audio and video are passed through HDMI. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)