Miniatures / Models

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
I was at Epcot this weekend and riding Spaceship Earth (for the 5,000th time) and I saw something I hadn't noticed before. In the Steve Wozniak computer scene, there is a satellite dish (or radio telescope) model on the desk he is working at. I instantly thought to myself I have to have it and after some searching haven't been able to find a decent selection. Anyone see or have or make (or want to make) some satellite and or radio tower models? I know this isnt really on topic but I figure it has the most enthusiasts!

Reactions: KE4EST and FTA4PA
I was at Epcot this weekend and riding Spaceship Earth (for the 5,000th time) and I saw something I hadn't noticed before. In the Steve Wozniak computer scene, there is a satellite dish (or radio telescope) model on the desk he is working at. I instantly thought to myself I have to have it and after some searching haven't been able to find a decent selection. Anyone see or have or make (or want to make) some satellite and or radio tower models? I know this isnt really on topic but I figure it has the most enthusiasts!
Nice topic! :thumbup I used to run HO scale model trains when I had the space. Here is a model of a radio satellite dish from Con-Cor (sold out now) that was available.

Con-Cor 1701 HO Radio Satellite Dish Kit – Trainz

And one of a small satellite dish that would be used at a home (still available). :)

TV Satellite Dish HO 87:1 Scale by tabear on Shapeways

Reactions: k.r. and olliec420
Nice topic! :thumbup I used to run HO scale model trains when I had the space. Here is a model of a radio satellite dish from Con-Cor (sold out now) that was available.

Con-Cor 1701 HO Radio Satellite Dish Kit – Trainz

And one of a small satellite dish that would be used at a home (still available). :)

TV Satellite Dish HO 87:1 Scale by tabear on Shapeways

Well I guess I didn't look very hard! LOL

It'd be nice if we could find/make some true to life models of popular brands like Birdview or something. I wonder if this would be a good time to get a 3d printer? :biggrin

EDIT: Attached is a pic. A couple years back I rented a camera for low light and took pics of my favorite dark rides (particularly the Universe of Energy as it was closing, link here if you wanna see). I just looked back and saw that the model dish is indeed in one of the photos.

DSC01241.jpg

Reactions: k.r. and FTA4PA
Well I guess I didn't look very hard! LOL

It'd be nice if we could find/make some true to life models of popular brands like Birdview or something. I wonder if this would be a good time to get a 3d printer? :biggrin
I've been looking at this one from Micro Mark but no $ at the moment. :rolleyes: Prints up to just over 4.5" wide and high. Comes pre-assembled and calibrated and ships free. :)

Silhouette Alta 3D Printer

I can sell you a Dish 500... That's kind of miniature :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)