Minimum cheapest pack with HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
So I know I can call DTV about this but I just want to know of other customers. I've come to realize I don't really watch anything other than my local channels so really dont' care much for the other channels. Anybody knows or has the cheapest/minimum channels I can get and be able to still get my locals in HD? Or do I always have to pay for the HD pack?

Not to get anyone to drop a service, but if you really ONLY watch locals, why not get a HD OTA box ($150 or so) and use an antenna?

If you want to stay with satellite, iwc is correct, $40 for Family w/ HD.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies! IN the end though I think there'll be other charges, like the DVR or leased instrument, protection plan, blah blah blah. Yes I could just try to get OTA, but by the time I install an OTA antenna plus get the HD TIVO I might as well stay with DTV!

silly question....But will directv TV allow you to add HD pack to family, since HD does not fit into the Family questions....I am guessing they would, just want to throw that out

I threatened to cancel when they raised the prices this time around, and they gave me a package called Preferred Choice for only $32.99. They also gave me free HD DVR service. I added the $10 HD access, so my monthly bill is only $43 a month, and it includes every channel I could ever watch plus locals in HD.

silly question....But will directv TV allow you to add HD pack to family, since HD does not fit into the Family questions....I am guessing they would, just want to throw that out

Yes they do, although your selection of HD will be very limited (as is your selection of SD channels). This is probably a good solution for those who only want the LIL channels in HD from DirecTV. Otherwise, while it may be more expensive, you may as well go ahead and get the next package up and get some decent channels to watch.

Heisman27, what channels are in the Preferred Choice? I may be very interested in this package depending on the channels that are in it.

I tried to get the preferred choice but they said they could only do that if I got an international channel. In the end, I'd end up paying just 10 bucks less than what I pay now. So I just went with the family pack + HD and I'll be paying $51/month. Still a lot....

Hey, thanks for the pdf. I will put it to good use. Looks like you have to subscribe to one of the world direct packages to get this. $9.99 looks like the cheapest package if I am looking at this right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts