Minimum requirements for international programming on 118.7 satellite.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pawcio

Original poster
Dec 27, 2011
Florida
Hello, I am a subscriber to international channels. I have been using 61.5 satellite to receive my programing. I have moved and have not reinstalled my satellite for last 4-5 months. Today I have installed my 18" dish and can not see of my channels on 61.5. They all have been moved to 118.7 satellite. Question is what are the minimum requirements to receive signal from 118.7. I do not need 110, 119 or any other satellites. I have FIOS for domestic channels. Can I use my existing dish or I need to get something new? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Pawel

you would need a new dish. Dish 500+ is what you would need. It sees 110, 118 & 119. 119 is required to be used with 118.7 as 119 has the guide and software updates (118.7 doesn't)

Hello, I am a subscriber to international channels. I have been using 61.5 satellite to receive my programing. I have moved and have not reinstalled my satellite for last 4-5 months. Today I have installed my 18" dish and can not see of my channels on 61.5. They all have been moved to 118.7 satellite. Question is what are the minimum requirements to receive signal from 118.7. I do not need 110, 119 or any other satellites. I have FIOS for domestic channels. Can I use my existing dish or I need to get something new? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Pawel

You do need to have 119 along with 118.7. 118.7 does not carry any software spools, or guide information so only having it installed will cause problems in the long run. Get a 500+ for 119/110/118.7, and all will be well (the 500+/1000+ is the only dish that supports 118.7)

Ice barely beat me to it :rant:

Matt as an existing customer shouldn't the OP qualify for a dish mover or upgrade from 61.5 to 118?

If the account is active but the OP mentions it hasnt been hooked up for 4-5 months. Now if he cancelled then no he woudln't. But if the account is active (and in good standing) then yes he should qualify

If pawcio would like to send me a private message with his phone number or account number, I'd be happy to see what we can do for him. We can set up a migration, but there is some account specific stuff that I have to look at too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)