mining channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
there are allot of mining shows on the outdoor channel...I'm not sure if that is fta or 4DTV (ITC) because I don't currently have C-band, but it is on G10 C-band (looks fta on lyngsat).

C-band takes a large dish (incase you didn't know)

Last edited:
dfergie said:
Let me know if ya see it, I'm a miner also...

I was just about to say if anyone would know it would be dfergie :)

(Hey I am also a miner! (For a heart of gold :) )

The only Mining shows I have seen are the Gold Fever shows on the Outdoor Channel. I use to be addicted to that show especially when the old buzzard George Massie was still alive.

yea I meant to say that most of it was gold mining (there are several I think), my mind was on the root canal I had today...so I was flustered. :)

yea I meant to say that most of it was gold mining (there are several I think), my mind was on the root canal I had today...so I was flustered.

That's mining of a different sort, wouldn't you say?

Hantu

Scott Greczkowski said:
The only Mining shows I have seen are the Gold Fever shows on the Outdoor Channel. I use to be addicted to that show especially when the old buzzard George Massie was still alive.

yeah it was a good show back when the old buzzard was still alive the sons don't give it justice.:)

icstephen said:
there are allot of mining shows on the outdoor channel...I'm not sure if that is fta or 4DTV (ITC) because I don't currently have C-band, but it is on G10 C-band (looks fta on lyngsat).

C-band takes a large dish (incase you didn't know)

FTA it is.

brotherhood said:
I'm a miner and a guy at work said there is a fta channel devoted to mining,is it true?
thanks

There are companies that produce and distribute via satellite feeds work place training videos and such as that. I believe there used to be one such company called Primedia. Some of their feeds were encrypted but there may have been some that were in the clear from time to time. If you work for a mining company perhaps they purchase such programming from a company like this and that's what your friend at work was reffering to. Also perhaps he was confused about the signal being FTA. It may be that the signal is in fact DVB but the recievers used have either a CAM mechanism built in or a card slot that's used along with somekind of access card. I know the company I work for recieves such programming in this manner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)