GEOSATpro Minor Pet Peeves

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
You can tell the quality of a product by how minor the complaints become about it. The microHD is a great box and therefore the complaints become less important since we are digging deeper past the main features which all work well. Having said that, I list these pet peeves:

1) If in DVR Set-up, I set Timeshift to ON (my normal configuration so I can pause or rewind a show at any time while viewing), then when receiving a signal I cannot press INFO button twice to show the channel info screen that includes Modulation and Video Resolution. In this configuration, pressing INFO only brings up the timeshift information. So I must go into the menu, switch OFF Timeshift, escape Menu, view the Modulation / Video Resolution, go back into Menu to turn Timeshift back ON.

2) After recording something in real time by pressing the REC button, the receiver changes from the selected satellite to All Satellites mode so that pressing the channel list button shows all channels instead of only channels on selected satellite. If you forget this, changing channels may result in going to a different satellite, motor moving and you must reverse this. In general, I like things to stay the way they were last set unless I tell the box to do otherwise.

3) There are only 10 Favorites settings; we need at least 20, preferably 30 or more. I like to configure each satellite as a Favorite and store only the channels of interest on a particular satellite in each Favorite configuration. After 10 satellites, I run out of Favorite positions. I guess this feature was intended to sort by subject like News, Entertainment, etc. But with a motor, I prefer to have channels separated by satellite so the motor doesn't keep moving between different satellites as I change channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)