New 5305 Firmware has resolved HD Channel Freezups on AMC-18 / 105.0W - Recipe TV, Pets TV, Etc

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Folks, Great news & FYI, ever since I upgraded my Firmware - (think it was 4 times) from 0.9.5209 over a month ago, I have experienced freezups and locking on Tp V - 3920 on AMC-18 on C Band. This is for the channels: Recipe TV, Comedy TV, Cars TV, ESTV, Destination TV, etc. the channels were totally unviewable. I tried everything even deleting & rescanning in that Satellite, but nothing worked! I wondered why if I had Signal Quality of S=71 and Q =90 how I could have had this Freezing problem? Guess it must have been the last 4 Firmware Versions - because as soon as I installed the latest 0.9.5305 FW yesterday everything cleared up on those channels. Recording on the Hard Drive in HD also works well.

Also with with the new rescan I noticed there are 2 additional channels on Tp 3920 in HD: Pursuit TV (a hunting channel) & KOFY TV SanFrancisco.

I just moved my Mini C-Band to G16 @ 99.0°W. Using my AZBox Elite, I tried to record feeds from the GDMX MUX, but it failed to record. The funny thing is that it would indicate that is recording, but when I go to play back the recorded program, there are no files in the "Recorded Program Menu." :(
But when I go to the File Manager —> USB1 —s> sda1—> recordfile folder, I see a file name GDMX 6_4 _ _1301963834.tmp, but no movie reel next to it. When I click on it to play it nothing happens. Anyone else with this problem? Can someone else test this? It should be noted that my AZbox Elite records some other transponders on this satellite without playback problems.

I just moved my Mini C-Band to G16 @ 99.0°W. Using my AZBox Elite, I tried to record feeds from the GDMX MUX, but it failed to record. The funny thing is that it would indicate that is recording, but when I go to play back the recorded program, there are no files in the "Recorded Program Menu." :(
But when I go to the File Manager —> USB1 —s> sda1—> recordfile folder, I see a file name GDMX 6_4 _ _1301963834.tmp, but no movie reel next to it. When I click on it to play it nothing happens. Anyone else with this problem? Can someone else test this? It should be noted that my AZbox Elite records some other transponders on this satellite without playback problems.

See this post by Stargaze:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/245447-cant-record-gdmx-channels-2.html#post2481095

Thanks. The work around worked.

The new workaround is easier... just rename the channel and remove those slashes in the scanned in channel name using your remote or an editor program.
Then try recording . This has worked for me here.

I also tested recording on some channels at 103 W ku and using FW 0.9.5020 having massive breakup's but another receiver with FW: 0.9.5305 perfect recordings of the same channel.

Guess it is time to upgrade my last Azbox holdout using 0.9.5020 FW to the latest FW.

Some other notable changes with FW 0.9.5305

Manual editing via the remote of channel name does not change when re-scanning the satellite. Although not totally impressed with this as I can only undo it using an editor program after a re-scan since I can not seem to locate the 1st one via the remote.
However it appears there is an attempt on some of our concerns on the blind-scan process not overwriting everything we put in the receivers ourselves.

Recording feature is much improved over previous firm-ware versions as you can now record many more channels that before were un-watchable and now they will record without massive tiling and breakup’s. Again not all channels but more then what we were able to record before.

Have not personally tried to select the list alphabetically as Radar posted but noticed there are indeed some slight changes in improvement over version 0.9.5020 and they are more than enough on the plus side that each of my azbox receiver’s have now been upgraded to the 0.9.5305 version of the software. Usually I do 1 of them for testing and compare 2 of them side by side to see what real differences there are and if it really is worth the effort to upgrade each of my Azbox’s.

Also found more stability when entering pid info via the remote and found there is a way to have the receiver now accept what you enter and not having it change on you automatically back to what the receiver originally put in on certain channels.
I am still testing this to see if it is really a workaround or indeed a new change, but I am finally finding certain channels I can view that are no longer changing due to what the azbox thinks is being uplinked.

As for the DiSEqC switch problem there is a workaround on one of the issues that was posted here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/245400-azbox-vbox-x-anyone-else-seen.html

And it is an issue that is being worked on by OpenSat .