Mirror channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swosucowboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Just switched from Dish to Directtv, have two HR-24. Can you not mirror from these to a SD feed in another room like dish?

If you have HD the "mirror" on TV2 would not be as I have read it; so no big deal; just add another receiver. Much better PQ for me.

Just switched from Dish to Directtv, have two HR-24. Can you not mirror from these to a SD feed in another room like dish?
You can run another cable to your second TV from the same receiver and watch both or either TV from the one receiver. The only difference is, you cannot watch two different programs on each TV at the same time.

How do I connect tv2 to the receiver?

you will need an RF modulator to do that. The HR24 does not have a coaxial output.

Or run a Component cable or a Composite or HDMI.

Some may get expensive depending on how far your talking.

Edit, take the HDMI off the list, your probably using that one already for your main TV.

Not exactly like DISH

One of my HD receivers is mirrored to the analog TV in my bedroom. The installer provided me with an RF modulator and connected it to my old TV with a coax. I bought an extra remote.

How do I connect tv2 to the receiver?
You can use any of the other outputs. If you want HD on both, use the HDMI for one TV and Component for the other. No additional equipment is needed.

If your second TV is SD, then you can run composite and/or S-Video to your second TV

These long cables can be expensive, so order them from monoprice.com

its about picture quality.

The S-video or composite cables will provide better PQ than coax
I would have a 25 foot run. Mono price shows $6.88 plus $6.35 priority for S-Video/R/W. It won't hurt to try I guess.
EDIT. My H24 does not have S-video, so I would need components. My old TV does not have those. Coax it is.

Last edited:
I would have a 25 foot run. Mono price shows $6.88 plus $6.35 priority for S-Video/R/W. It won't hurt to try I guess.
Their warehouse is only a few miles from my house, so I often go and pick up my orders myself and save on shipping

EDIT. My H24 does not have S-video, so I would need components. My old TV does not have those. Coax it is.
Then use composite. The H24 does have composite output and I am sure you old TV does as well

Last edited:
So is a 1x4 powered HDMI splitter ok to use? What is the longest the HDMI cable can be?
If a buy an extra remote will it work from a different room?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)