This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Mirror Hopper 3 on 2nd TV?

zplugger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2018
Fenton MI.
I want to add another to my Hopper3,it will be mirror off main tv. Can I run a component cable from living room tv to the basement tv ?. I have a Samsung TV upstairs and a sharp TV downstairs,will I be able to control the hopper from downstairs with another 54 remote,guess what I'm asking is can I have two remotes to control the hopper3 ? I would like a remote for both rooms if possible,if downstairs the living room TV would be off anyway.

Sure can

You can pair up to eight remotes to your Hopper 3

Yes that will work but if you have a 4K TV connected to the Hopper with HDMI then the component output will go blank if you watch 4K or use MultView.

OR... you could use an HDMI splitter, preferably a powered one.

If you mix HDTV and 4KTV, the same caveat applies, the HDTV will probably go blank when you switch to 4k.

I recommend Monoprice without reservations.

Reactions: charlesrshell
OR... you could use an HDMI splitter, preferably a powered one.

If you mix HDTV and 4KTV, the same caveat applies, the HDTV will probably go blank when you switch to 4k.

I recommend Monoprice without reservations.
I had a hdtv splitter and used it for my hopper and computer room tv . The tv in the computer room only did 720p and when I tried to use it for 4k on the 4k tv , it would also default to just hd, even if it was on 4k channel like Netflix over the hopper. So unless I have a 4k hdmi splitter and two 4k tvs, I will get the weaker signal on both tvs.

Reactions: charlesrshell