Mirror Hopper?

thomast

Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Houston, TX
I am interested in getting the Hopper and wanted to know if I can make my 2-story, 25 year old, 5 TV home work with 1 Hopper and 1 Joey. Dish, would of course like every TV to have it's own Joey, but I live alone and don't need independent viewing and obviously don't want the added $21. expense for 3 more Joeys. I only need 2 TV's to have HD quality, I assume the Joey would run the second HD TV, the other 3 would be fine with SD. I can run a second new coax line from the Hopper up to the attic where all the original cable runs branch out to the 3 other TV's. It would be next to impossible to run new cable lines from the attic down to the first floor TV's. The original cable runs are probably R59. So...can I mirror the Hopper for these additional 3 TV's. I doesn't look like there is a coax out on the Hopper, so can I get an RF Modulator to convert Component out to coax and run a new line up to a splitter in the attic? I assume if this works, then one remote would control the one Joey and the second remote would work in front of any of the other 4 TV's. Thanks for any assistance.

Yes you are correct. However if the hopper remote works at all locations depends on the distance from the hopper and the remote range. So you may have to add additional antennas if the remote doesn't reach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts