Mirror TV2

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
What do I need to mirror tv2 to 2 tvs?I want tv in both locations but we only watch tv in these 2 rooms part time. Not enough to pay $7.00 to have a separate hook up. Will getting another remote work if I program the address on tv2 to both remotes?

dish actually charges a one time rate of $50 per mirror, so if you want 2 tv's mirrored it'd cost you $100. you can do it yourself but putting a 3 way splitter behind either one of the diplexers. make a jumper going from uhf out to input in for the splitter and run your lines

What do I need to mirror tv2 to 2 tvs?I want tv in both locations but we only watch tv in these 2 rooms part time. Not enough to pay $7.00 to have a separate hook up. Will getting another remote work if I program the address on tv2 to both remotes?

The other two posts as to how to mirror are dead on, and to answer the remoteportion the answer is absolutely! As long as it is a UHF #2 remote, it will work so you are not carrying your remote all over your house. You will want a remote compatible with your equipment.

For us we have the TV2 out on our VIP722 connected to the Coax 'network' in the house which puts TV2 on any Coax outlet mirroring it to every other TV. Why would Dish charge $50 per TV for this? Just curious...

dish5150 said:
dish actually charges a one time rate of $50 per mirror, so if you want 2 tv's mirrored it'd cost you $100. you can do it yourself but putting a 3 way splitter behind either one of the diplexers. make a jumper going from uhf out to input in for the splitter and run your lines

If I do this myself how does Dish even know that I did it?

I have a 2-way splitter and have TV2 going to a TV in the living room and another in the basement. Works well since the basement TV is only used when the treadmill is being used (which is almost never).

We are thinking about getting rid of the box in our bedroom and may use the TV2 signal up there too. As the OP wrote, we are wondering if it is worth the expense to have a receiver we use for 1/2 in the morning.

Just wondering as I write...where can I get another UHF remote for TV2?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)