mirroring hopper/joeys?

ronjeremy85

Original poster
May 10, 2012
AR
I'm an installer and I've ran into several customers that were pissed off cause they can't run their 5 extra tvs off the same receiver...like they have been with either mirroring the tv1 or tv2 on dish or directv. Is there a way to mirror the hopper, and if so, how does it work? I know you need a coax output to mirror, so if you can mirror a joey; how?

Ya might try HDMI out of the Joey and RCA out to another TV....... I did an install of a VIP system where TV2 was actually off some reeeeeeeeallly long RCA cables.

All you need is a modulator box to convert RCA to coax, then they can mirror as before. Same way as you have to do with DirecTV, since their boxes don't have coax out either. Such boxes are $10 on ebay and elsewhere online or $15-$20 at target or walmart. Of course the caveat is it now has to be a dedicated coax run. And they'll need additional 32.0 or 40.0 remotes. There are a couple of detailed threads about it somewhere in the hopper zone.

But I assume that kind of thing would be outside the scope of a normal install.

All you need is a modulator box to convert RCA to coax, then they can mirror as before. Same way as you have to do with DirecTV, since their boxes don't have coax out either. Such boxes are $10 on ebay and elsewhere online or $15-$20 at target or walmart. Of course the caveat is it now has to be a dedicated coax run. And they'll need additional 32.0 or 40.0 remotes. There are a couple of detailed threads about it somewhere in the hopper zone.

But I assume that kind of thing would be outside the scope of a normal install.

You mean it wouldn't be free...?:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)