Mirroring Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

adam61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I hope I'm using the right term, but I researched using search and kept getting confused on the solutions offered. I was trying to get my DirecTV bill down a little bit a noticed a lot of the bloat in my bill was having 6 receivers. I have 3 TVs I utilize fairly regularly and 3 I utilize extremely infrequently (Game Room/Guest Bedroom/Exercise Room). Some I only use a couple times a year. Is there an easy way to get rid of these receivers and mirror the channel being played in the living room? I don't care if the experience is a little worse since I utilize it so rarely.

The hiccup (which could be a good thing) is every room in the house has a double coax going into it with a cable junction box in the garage where the SWM is located. Im wondering if I can simply use the Coax out on my living room DVR back to the junction box then use a 3 way splitter and connect that to the televisions in the 3 rarely used rooms?

That would allow me to save $18/mon and still get service in those 3 rooms the rare circumstances where I need it. Any thoughts on how well this would work and if it would interfere with service or whole home DVR in any of the rooms?

Thanks for your help!!

I hope I'm using the right term, but I researched using search and kept getting confused on the solutions offered. I was trying to get my DirecTV bill down a little bit a noticed a lot of the bloat in my bill was having 6 receivers. I have 3 TVs I utilize fairly regularly and 3 I utilize extremely infrequently (Game Room/Guest Bedroom/Exercise Room). Some I only use a couple times a year. Is there an easy way to get rid of these receivers and mirror the channel being played in the living room? I don't care if the experience is a little worse since I utilize it so rarely.

The hiccup (which could be a good thing) is every room in the house has a double coax going into it with a cable junction box in the garage where the SWM is located. Im wondering if I can simply use the Coax out on my living room DVR back to the junction box then use a 3 way splitter and connect that to the televisions in the 3 rarely used rooms?

That would allow me to save $18/mon and still get service in those 3 rooms the rare circumstances where I need it. Any thoughts on how well this would work and if it would interfere with service or whole home DVR in any of the rooms?

Thanks for your help!!

If you have the extra coax runs it's not a big deal. If your receiver is a standard def receiver you can just split off the ch. 3/4 output and feed it with splitters to the other rooms. If the receivers are HD you will need to use a modulator or an old VCR to connect RCA's to the receiver and convert it to a ch 3/4 out put.

I would dedidicate a hr20 in the garage, - FEED VIDEO via coax, use the second coax in the room to place an external antenna for an RF remote. So you can change the channel without going through too many walls.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts