mirroring to a second tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
Thinking about switching to Direct tv from Dish for full time RSN's, and would like to know if it is possible to run two tvs off of one box. Have a bedroom that gets little use, but would still like tv in it. Will the remote work in the second room and would I be able to get a HD feed? What would be the best equipment for four HD tvs?

You can get hd on both sets as all outputs are live, but only the HDMI and component outputs carry hd. You will have the same program on both sets. The remote will work if set to rf. If you want four sets connected I would suggest you get boxes for each unless you don't care if they have the same show at the same time. In that case you would likely be best off with an HDMI switch or powered splitter. I'll let those with one of them let you know which one would be best.

Thanks. Would need just three boxes as forth tv is the one I want to mirror to. Really don't want to pay for a box for a tv that gets watched 4 or 5 times a year. Thought about the new Hopper system, but only three turners was a real disappointment since we watch two tvs a lot and that leaves only one turner to record on. The hr 34 has five turners, right?

and each unit has its own tuner, it doesnt need to share one from the hmc unit

remember get any dvr you want now, maybe a hr24 for a second location
its cheaper to get it all up front

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts