Miss my Orby...

I agree if it does not come with a SNAP device, insist on it. ;)
It will make your life MUCH better!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I'm a tech dummy, have no idea what a snap is but I'll ask the installer what it is, and if it doesn't increase my monthly, I'll ask him to include it.
The SNAP will be free, and it just plugs into the top USB port on the back of the H2. I think they're routinely including them with H2's now, but I'm not sure of that.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I don't know what it is, but the rx is a "Hopper 2" which is supposed to be able to record 3 channels at once I think she said. The monthly $59 includes DVR.
So the customer representative told you that the $59 includes the DVR? There use to be a $10 Monthly DVR fee on the hopper duo..

So the customer representative told you that the $59 includes the DVR? There use to be a $10 Monthly DVR fee on the hopper duo..
Well we talked a lot, but my understanding is that recording was included in the $59 monthly. I do expect extra taxes but no other fees, and I think I remember her mentioning free recording, but I don't remember why. They did a credit check and I seem to recall that and being an Orby orphan qualified me for an upgrade box and some other stuff unless it was all sales talk. IDK. Like so much other stuff, you can't be sure until you get the bill.

Well I already found something I don't like. The phone rep didn't tell me that interfacing my own OTA channels would require a separate device. My fault, I didn't ask because I ASS U ME my diplexer would connect to the Hopper. Nope, the interface cost $57. I went ahead and did it but afterwards figured I should have just connected them directly to the TV, as the EPG has no programming for my OTA. Grrrrr. Not knowing anything about Dish, I was a sitting duck LOL. Now I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be near the $59.19 I was told. I can just feel it. Sure wish I had my Orby LOL.
I suppose I'll get ised to all this after an adjustment period.

Well I already found something I don't like. The phone rep didn't tell me that interfacing my own OTA channels would require a separate device. My fault, I didn't ask because I ASS U ME my diplexer would connect to the Hopper. Nope, the interface cost $57. I went ahead and did it but afterwards figured I should have just connected them directly to the TV, as the EPG has no programming for my OTA. Grrrrr. Not knowing anything about Dish, I was a sitting duck LOL. Now I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be near the $59.19 I was told. I can just feel it. Sure wish I had my Orby LOL.
Darn! If you had mentioned the OTA issue to us prior to ordering the Dish branded adapter, we would have hooked you up with the AirTV Dual Tuner adapter for just $29.99. AirTV is Dish owned...
I don't know anything about DISH equipment either so for the unenlightened, how does that work? :rolleyes Say you had four DISH receivers. Do you need one of these connected to each receiver to interface the OTA channels/guide?

The Hopper 2 with an Internet connection will also give you access to the free DishAnywhere app for Android and IOS phones, as well as streaming devices like the FireTVstick. Make sure your installer includes a "SNAP" external graphics processor with the installation. The SNAP speeds up menu and program guide transitions significantly.
Is a "SNAP" needed on a Hopper Duo as well?

Hey friend how long has the OTA adapter been connected? May just take time to populate the EPG.

You're right, I checked and they're showing at least SOME information.
You are on your way now my friend
rocket-1.gif

Reactions: Skyscanner
Is a "SNAP" needed on a Hopper Duo as well?

No it’s not needed. But it makes the experience a lot better.

Basically it’s an external GPU which renders the graphics for the Hopper and connected Joeys. The GPU is a lot faster than the one built into the Hopper 2 so it speeds up the guides and menus nicely. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Skyscanner
No it’s not needed. But it makes the experience a lot better.

Basically it’s an external GPU which renders the graphics for the Hopper and connected Joeys. The GPU is a lot faster than the one built into the Hopper 2 so it speeds up the guides and menus nicely. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Thanks, how would I get one?

I don't know anything about DISH equipment either so for the unenlightened, how does that work? :rolleyes Say you had four DISH receivers. Do you need one of these connected to each receiver to interface the OTA channels/guide?
The OTA adapter works with the Hopper series and Wally receivers. If you have a Hopper and two Joeys, for instance, only the Hopper needs the adapter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts