miss my slimline setup already? New dish sucks!

edugamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
pa
I finally bought a dedicated fta satellite dedicated dish.
So I set up the brand new 33" disk yesterday in the same spot I had the old one. and was so excited to play with it finally. I am a bit confused and frustrated a little. The lnb is installed in the little plastic cuff thingy and I am getting some action on both the receiver's builtin signal strength bar and my gauge which is good, but I am not getting any signal quality readings what so ever! I see an aro on the lnb head and scored it to be able to feel it as I have poor eye sight. The markings on the cuff and elevation couldn't be more vague! On the lnb cuff, I see 0center,,, 20 left, 20 right. No integers just some genarric lines which I tried scorring for marking places.
Elevation is a nightmare! I guess Im complaining now lol I gotta remember this is indeed a $79 budget dish. I imagine the geosatpro would have the nice stuff. But no fine adjustment rod, just friction! grrrr! The intintegers/segments/increments suck! All I got out of it so far is chipped paint from gravety dropping the dish on me repeatedly!
I was going to score the elevation later but I guess I will have to use puffy paint now as it will be like trying to read brail through aluminum foil.

elevation markers are segmented by 5s!
so I need to imagine lines?
I guess I might need to be a little patient with it.
Guess that's what happens when you get into fta by a slimline. You are spoiled by it somehow lol.

I finally bought a dedicated fta satellite dedicated dish.
So I set up the brand new 33" disk yesterday in the same spot I had the old one. and was so excited to play with it finally. I am a bit confused and frustrated a little. The lnb is installed in the little plastic cuff thingy and I am getting some action on both the receiver's builtin signal strength bar and my gauge which is good, but I am not getting any signal quality readings what so ever! I see an aro on the lnb head and scored it to be able to feel it as I have poor eye sight. The markings on the cuff and elevation couldn't be more vague! On the lnb cuff, I see 0center,,, 20 left, 20 right. No integers just some genarric lines which I tried scorring for marking places.
Elevation is a nightmare! I guess Im complaining now lol I gotta remember this is indeed a $79 budget dish. I imagine the geosatpro would have the nice stuff. But no fine adjustment rod, just friction! grrrr! The intintegers/segments/increments suck! All I got out of it so far is chipped paint from gravety dropping the dish on me repeatedly!
I was going to score the elevation later but I guess I will have to use puffy paint now as it will be like trying to read brail through aluminum foil.
elevation markers are segmented by 5s!
so I need to imagine lines?
I guess I might need to be a little patient with it.
Guess that's what happens when you get into fta by a slimline. You are spoiled by it somehow lol.
Yes, you need to kind of guess-timate between the actual markings for skew and elevation. Still once you get it set up correctly it should perform well for you. Hang in there! :)

P.S. You might want to try making this device that a member here came up with to keep the dish from falling while adjusting elevation. He used it with a motor but it should work without too. ;)

Ku Band setup/tune-up tool\aide

Last edited:
Yes, you need to kind of guess-timate between the actual markings for skew and elevation. Still once you get it set up correctly it should perform well for you. Hang in there! :)

P.S. You might want to try the device that a member here came up with to keep the dish from falling while adjusting elevation. He used it with a motor but it should work without too. ;)

Ku Band setup/tune-up tool\aide
thanks!

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)